coldel

168 members have voted

1. 1. How are you likely to vote in the upcoming EU referendum

• Stay
    • Leave
    • Unsure
    • Not going to vote

thing to remember is 90% of this thread is all assumptions

be it assuming foreigner are taking jobs or out voters are racists its all an assumption

heck even both sides of the vote are assumptions be it we are better off out or in, either choice is nothing more than an assumption as nobody really knows.

thing to remember is 90% of this thread is all assumptions

be it assuming foreigner are taking jobs or out voters are racists its all an assumption

heck even both sides of the vote are assumptions be it we are better off out or in, either choice is nothing more than an assumption as nobody really knows.

Hell, I'm taking foreigners' jobs here in Europe...

• Like 2

I would say though that the vote is the one and only true way of influencing the system. Whether you agree with it or not doesn't matter, you are guaranteed to affect the system by voting as it counts. Who knows how many protesters voted or not. I remember from uni time plenty of students heading off to political demonstrations having never bothered to vote just to be part of the movement.

My sons friend didn't vote. And now he won't shut the hell up about ignorant bigots voting him out of the EU.

I've told him his opinion means nothing. He asked why, and I told him, he had a chance to formally express that opinion last week, and chose to go to the pub instead. That he clearly didn't care about the UK or the EU, so why should the people who did vote care about your opinion?

"....yeah, but, blah, blah, blah"

Students are dicks.

• Like 1

The thing is, the ones that are protesting are the ones that will have either voted or are politically motivated by some other means. Just because they don't believe in the system doesn't mean they shouldn't have a voice.

Your typical 18 year old sitting around scratching his balls playing CoD during the vote is not suddenly going to put on some pants and grab a sign on his way to Number 10.

Now who's making assumptions and generalising without facts?

I guess I can say this much as it's not exactly argumentative.

But myself and all my friends have lived through the modern times around that age and guess what. We were all ball scratching CoD players who couldn't be arsed to vote. :lol:

Edit: removed my last sentence.

Edited by mouthwash

I would say though that the vote is the one and only true way of influencing the system. Whether you agree with it or not doesn't matter, you are guaranteed to affect the system by voting as it counts. Who knows how many protesters voted or not. I remember from uni time plenty of students heading off to political demonstrations having never bothered to vote just to be part of the movement.

My sons friend didn't vote. And now he won't shut the hell up about ignorant bigots voting him out of the EU.

I've told him his opinion means nothing. He asked why, and I told him, he had a chance to formally express that opinion last week, and chose to go to the pub instead. That he clearly didn't care about the UK or the EU, so why should the people who did vote care about your opinion?

"....yeah, but, blah, blah, blah"

Students are dicks.

Oh my god... have we learnt nothing! Are ALL students dicks?! - I jest.

However, I do agree. If you didn't vote and you could have, then you have absolutely no right to b*tch and moan about the result. I didn't vote, but that is because I was not provided with the opportunity!

So now Boris isn't running, are we assuming a straight fight between Gove and May? Who is better placed to argue our case when we Brexit?

whens the boxing match i need to put a bet on, i have a good streak right now on paddy power

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1