Brexit 23rd June..?

coldel

168 members have voted

1. 1. How are you likely to vote in the upcoming EU referendum

• Stay
    • Leave
    • Unsure
    • Not going to vote

Britain holds some. Not all. As before it's a game of who blinks first.

If there is any backlash or uprising against the EU'still superstate proposal (which in my opinion is frighteningly similar to the "final solution" proposed by a failed Austrian painter several decades ago), then we may see the EU blink first. But we will need to dig deep in the UK before that happens.

How much pressure can be piled on before Boris or whoever simply states "balls to that, better riots on our own streets than financial meltdown. We're staying in."

At which point expect a raft of incoming red tape and legislation to teach us for being a naughty trouble maker.

My old boss from when I lived in France stuck this up on FB today, shows in the main why Leave won, they got a better turn out from the older age groups who were more likely to vote Leave. I saw all the youngsters out demonstrating in Westminster yesterday, shame more didn't do something simpler and walk around the corner to their voting station and write a cross in a box. Didn't completely go off and check all the numbers but wouldnt be surprised if this is correct data.

brexit-age-1.png

Edited by coldel

Typical attitude from the youth of today. Expect everything to be handed on a plate, kick up a fuss when something doesn't go their way, but do absolutely naff all toward achieving what they want.

Would be interesting to know how many of those out protesting actually bothered to vote.

• Like 2

Typical attitude from the youth of today. Expect everything to be handed on a plate, kick up a fuss when something doesn't go their way, but do absolutely naff all toward achieving what they want.

Would be interesting to know how many of those out protesting actually bothered to vote.

If you replaced the word 'youth' with 'black people' would your comment be acceptable? I doubt it.

If you replaced the word 'youth' with 'black people' would your comment be acceptable? I doubt it.

7yb49.jpg

What exactly is there to facepalm about? You can't be prejudice and stereotypical about an ethnicity but you can about a generation?

k

i agree with you - but the facepalm is the fact that you have to raise it on a thread about the EU referendum. just gets tiring people trying to make a point all the time

edit: i guess i don't have to read it ...

Edited by WINKJ

My old boss from when I lived in France stuck this up on FB today, shows in the main why Leave won, they got a better turn out from the older age groups who were more likely to vote Leave. I saw all the youngsters out demonstrating in Westminster yesterday, shame more didn't do something simpler and walk around the corner to their voting station and write a cross in a box. Didn't completely go off and check all the numbers but wouldnt be surprised if this is correct data.

brexit-age-1.png

I would be interested to find out whether the total number of figures per age group took into account voters that were not provided the chance to have a vote in the first place (such as myself) despite being a UK passport holder.

Everyone's offended by something :yawn:

Yeah usually you but you have to be a good boy these days. :p

Na i just know most of the people aren't worth the wasted calories typing and im someone looking to loose weight.

but i do see both sides of it the young complaining and old going thinking they know better

How come GBP is up about 1% against pretty much everything today, FTSE100 up 220 points, FTSE250 up 500 points... and yet my Facebook isn't screaming with idiots saying the economy isn't doomed after all?

Because to most in the city it is just a big game, that game being dealing with "virtual assets"

What actually happened is they (the financial sector) took it upon themselves to play the "curry's" approach, bang the markets/exchange rate up just before the "big sale"

Stability will return

Rob

Boris will not run as leader, for now.

I don't think he has the stomach for the next couple of years balancing a now fragile economy and negotiating a deal which will most likely not appease the masses that voted for things which are unlikely now to appear. It's going to be a no win seat if you ask me.

So, smart move by our resident parliamentary clown?

• Like 1

So what has this:

Got to do with this:

Majority of those protesting are the young. Group with the lowest voter turnout is the young.

You've made two separate comments.

Your first comment is unfounded and based on your preconceptions of a generation (prejudice) it also includes a broad statement suggesting that 'the youth of today' are (I'm paraphrasing here) lazy and entitled (stereotyping).

I know people on this thread are probably going to get all British about this and tell me to give it a rest (ooooops) but I'm not sure why it's acceptable to make comments like that.

Edited by mouthwash

So what has this:

Got to do with this:

Majority of those protesting are the young. Group with the lowest voter turnout is the young.

You've made two separate comments.

Your first comment is unfounded and based on your preconceptions of a generation (prejudice)

Other than my first statement being based on the factual evidence of the second.

Which kind of blows a slight hole in the "prejudice" part of your argument.

• Like 1

:lol:

No it doesn't, where is your evidence? What is your evidence? A Graph? That proves what? People didn't vote? Why didn't they vote? You've come to the conclusion it's because they're lazy and entitled? How did you come to that conclusion?

Seems to me like you've just made a bunch of stuff up based on your own opinion. There are no facts.

I'm sure you would challenge him if he made the exact same comment about Romanian people.

He would have just cause to be, as there would be no basis to make judgements that Romanians are lazy or apathetic to voting. Whereas there are plenty of reports and studies into lower youth voting turnout. And it's not just a UK problem either.