Fiberglass molds

evilscorp

Has anyone got experience of making fiberglass molds for car bodywork? As I still like to track my car I would like to safe guard my bodywork and not have to buy parts twice if I have an off. The molds would be kept in the attic until the time came for the original parts to be replaced, but this could be years, would the molds last, since they wouldn't be used they shouldn't loose much shape if stored in a decent geometry?

There is a dude on here who works with fiberglass, but cant remember his name, if it comes to me will get it up here.

Personally unless you have numerous offs, it would just be cheaper to buy each time, unless of course you have a very unique difficult to get hold of kit. A mould is never quite right as original, lay up leads to different thickness etc, thats why replicas never fit quite right.

• Like 1

:lol:

You should rather invest in safety gear and a roll cage if you plan to have so many offs that you need to own molds :scare:

I've only needed to repair my bumper once together with a front fender and lower control arms in the last 7yrs of tracking the zed. And this was an incident overtaking a slow idiot who wasn't looking!

However I've had to remove gravel and grass lots more through trying to hard or running out of talent :lol: :lol: