Nissan Day 2016 "Niss Day" Sunday 14th August, Rockingham *UPDATE P6*

AmyZed

Hey every one, massive thank you for a fabulous turn out at Niss Show yesterday.

We did the day proud with so many Zeds, almost as many as the GTRS! haha. thank you all for coming along, Mark, Will or I didn't win the show and shine, the white R32 did.

I have never seen so many GTRs!!! Doesn't help my desire for one haha *dreaming*

• Like 2

i have to agree to be honest it was a bit lack luster but had a laugh with friends and it was good to meetup with people and see alot of 350s and see some GTRs

hopefully it grows and gets better as i think it has potential to be good aslong as they keep it cheap and get some traders interested this early i think alot of people are feeling a bit peeved that they had to pay for entry and there wasnt much to do :/

• Like 1

i have to agree to be honest it was a bit lack luster but had a laugh with friends and it was good to meetup with people and see alot of 350s and see some GTRs

hopefully it grows and gets better as i think it has potential to be good aslong as they keep it cheap and get some traders interested this early i think alot of people are feeling a bit peeved that they had to pay for entry and there wasnt much to do :/

to be fair there was no less than at japshow at pod just parked cars and a bit of track i guess with maybe only 6-7 different models of car it got boring quicker,

and im still adamant rockingham is a poor location for an event like this you cant see the track unless on a grand stand and from what i heard they were all locked up? the two areas are a good 10 minutes walk away from each other

• Like 2

My second post on the forum......

Lovely display of cars. I organised the GTROC cars (only 10 of 17 turned up although we has some cars on track). Parked quite close to Amy's mint car :notworthy: We were behind the show and shine.

I had a good look around the cars as I am selling my R33 GTR (had three GTRs in 15 years) and there is only one car to replace it with. One off here!

Hoping to have the GTR gone in a couple of weeks and a 350z in time for JAE.

Don't be too hard on the organisers. I have supported Simon and Zoe since the conception of Nissan Day donington and this was a big jump for them. A tenner is not bad for a day out watching a GT3 car fly around a track.

There was quite a good viewing area behind the bouncy castles (where my kids were most of the day) looking out onto Tarzan.

Really hope to be posting up some pics on here of a zed that I own soon.

Edited by Davewilkins
  • Like 4

Great day, lots of GTR's, organisation could be better but if this is only the second time going then I suppose this will be improved on.

Bit disappointed to see that I was the only person left on the stand by 3pm!! How can you expect public to pay to get into an event only to find most of the cars have already left???

Edited by Chris Wiltshire

Great day, lots of GTR's, organisation could be better but if this is only the second time going then I suppose this will be improved on.

Bit disappointed to see that I was the only person left on the stand by 2pm!! How can you expect public to pay to get into an event only to find most of the cars have already left???

Equally, it works the other way too, after 5 hours of very little or no general public there does seem little point in remaining other than to chat to your mates. It worries me that the event was so poorly attended, 800 people by all accounts and I'm not sure if that includes club members or not. It must be tough to get these things right and I hope the organisers can get it right, maybe even relocate it. It wasn't ideal at all. Last year was a completely different and highly enjoyable event, this year's didn't come close.

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

• Like 2

also this is the First time this event has been run this way, in other years it has been ran and funded by nissan, this year its all out of Simon and Zoe time and resources. so i think comparing it to the other Nissan Experience event other years is unfair as im sure its easier to get a company come down and do stuff when they see an email from Nissan GB rather than a show which has never happened before.

also this is the First time this event has been run this way, in other years it has been ran and funded by nissan, this year its all out of Simon and Zoe time and resources. so i think comparing it to the other Nissan Experience event other years is unfair as im sure its easier to get a company come down and do stuff when they see an email from Nissan GB rather than a show which has never happened before.
Point taken but there is nothing else to compare it to. In someways only myself to blame and if I had researched it properly I might not have attended and I do believe others I spoke to feel the same way. You said earlier it was good fun where you were, I agree it was, probably the best part of the day as far as I'm concerned. It's a shame the organisers have struggled with this and no one wants to see people have financial problems but they must have done their research beforehand, something was not right to have such a small turnout and I hope they can improve it but there is a lot to do as far as I can see. Maybe it was the location maybe it was the way it was advertised, maybe there are too many shows now? Either way I wish them well for the future.

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Oh i fully agree the UK has too many shows which are all the same now once you been to 1 or 2 a year you dont need to go to the other 10 unless your trying to collect show and shine trophies, the locations suck imo for car shows as i said, but i do think the advertising was laughable even the event banners etc looked like they were made in a primary school in paint. I really hope they can find another venue and learn from this year

Maybe it could be something like 'Suprapod' or this could be next step if they could find a better venue

then if it really took off

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

The lesson to learn is, go back to a corporate day out.

I know I didn't attend but, 'Sponsored by Lichfield', Nissans only, Rockingham, It's just a bad recipe. Japfest two was held at Rockingham, and that didn't go down well, you've now shrunk the show down by 75% and use a venue that has proven to be unpopular for car shows.

Personally as I said, should of just done exactly the same as what they did last year with the same location and focused more on providing a more luxurious area for club stand locations.

Just my 2cents from someone who went last year, but not this year.

• Like 1