Mishimoto Rad fouling on SC belt and hose

GeorgeB

That's not entirely true Rich. The OEM plastic shroud is very cumbersome and the OEM fans thicker so though the MM rad is thick it makes up for it with the thin shroud and slimline fans.

i can send a pic of my car now with the MM set up to show how much space there is.

I'll I know is there is way more space compared to std rad/shroud setup when I've installed vortech superchargers.

You have nothing to loose to trial it before starting any extensive mods. Just trying to help.

Just looked at a closer of the picture and see what you mean by the intake pipe touching. Why not route in through to the front as it looks like it's bending 90deg inwards towards the engine face. This pipe is just the air intake right.

We did trial it , look at the pics on the first post , this is the Stillen kit , other kits may vary

MM rad fans aren't in the same league as the stock fans IMHO. They aren't multi speed , the fan housing does not flow the air through like a stock rad housing. Cars runnign MM on my Dyno always run hotter than a car with stock fan assembly.

The Stillen kit is a little tight around the intake pipe and pushing the fans back further as the new rad is wider will cause the problems George is seeing , you can move the rad forward as the air con rad is already in that position.

I do know you can have a rad made that is the same width as a stock rad with a bigger core fitted so this will fit no problem and please stay with a stock fan assembly.

Im with Mark, the design on the MM shroud is absolutely awful. When driving at speed you dont need the fans on, only when stationary, and the mm shroud blocks a lot of the rad airflow. Awful thing, just looks blingy......

If the fana are the issue why not mount a pair of puch fans to thw front of the rad? That way theyre well out the way.

Also if youre struggling temp wise surely an intercooler is first port of call on that setup rather than a rad?

Im with Mark, the design on the MM shroud is absolutely awful. When driving at speed you dont need the fans on, only when stationary, and the mm shroud blocks a lot of the rad airflow. Awful thing, just looks blingy......

If the fana are the issue why not mount a pair of puch fans to thw front of the rad? That way theyre well out the way.

Also if youre struggling temp wise surely an intercooler is first port of call on that setup rather than a rad?

presume the oil cooler rad is in between the Charge cooler radiator and the engine coolant radiator. Is the car running the ICE charge cooler radiator?

I have been told this Rad causes the air flow to be restricted to the engine radiator. I would run the stock Stillen charge cooler rad and have the IAT's a little highers but the coolant temp will be lower.

It's running frozen boost intercooler.

have you got the Stillen stock charger cooler radiator?

Sorry Mark, confused by your comment. As far as I know the frozen boost cooler went in instead of the stillen one.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Sorry Mark, confused by your comment. As far as I know the frozen boost cooler went in instead of the stillen one.

Did you not get the stock Stillen rad when you brought the car?

Did you not get the stock Stillen rad when you brought the car?

Yes I did. I thought the frozen boost was an upgrade and that's why the stillen wasn't fitted.

As said George ..... It's only really an issue in the hotter months , and I bought the mm rad as it was a direct fitment ! But I guess on a charged set up every mm counts . Welcome to the world of FI!!

Just to be totally clear the car in my ownership never over heated . But did get up to around 110 , I was going to get the mishimoto rad fitted as a safety precaution , along with the iat sensor in the inlet .

What's considered too high coolant temps?

Everyone who has fitted the frozen boost charge cooler has seen massive drops in intake temps and less heat soaking. I would be wanting to leave that in imo.

As said though George , this is a great forum and full of helpful people and we are lucky to have such a forum ....... Also I'm quite nice and still around to help with your questions and queries :)!

G I don't think you have any worries mine only just goes over 100 then the fans come in and bring it down in slow moving traffic conditions! Once the car is up to speed it's not an issue.

I am however looking into fitting some small trumpets 6 in total discreetly to the front bumper which will all be pipping air into the top half of the radiator.

My gauge on my dash never gets above half way so it can't be getting so hot that's it's an issue

G I don't think you have any worries mine only just goes over 100 then the fans come in and bring it down in slow moving traffic conditions! Once the car is up to speed it's not an issue.

I am however looking into fitting some small trumpets 6 in total discreetly to the front bumper which will all be pipping air into the top half of the radiator.

My gauge on my dash never gets above half way so it can't be getting so hot that's it's an issue

Trumpets?

Trumpets?

Air inlet trumpets. ;)

air_inlet_all_1.jpg

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Trumpets?

Air inlet trumpets. ;)

air_inlet_all_1.jpg

Yeah that's it

Just under the number plate won't even see them unless your on your knees ;)

Trumpets?

Air inlet trumpets. ;)

air_inlet_all_1.jpg

Yeah that's it

Just under the number plate won't even see them unless your on your knees ;)

Interesting! Haven't seen these before. Do they have a measurable effect?

I'm still smugly racking up the miles without any temp issues :D