Dead Zed

A9H-RX

45-50k on a boosted forged engine, Im not surprised its gone tbh thats a good innings.

Triple plate clutch will have been putting more strain on the thrust bearing for starters, and only running a unichip piggybavk on a build like that?

In my opinion Id have the block ripped apart and get new bearings, and any necessary machine work, bores rehoned and a new set of rings whilst youre in there.

Then get new management asap, link plug and play ecu is only £1100 now.....

• Like 1

You must of spoken to Scott @Abbey.

High oil temps is normally a sign of bearings failing as the extra friction causes the oil to work harder so causing higher oil temps.

We haven't seen any oil pump's fail on the VQ like the RB or WRX pumps fail.

Yeah it was Scott I spoke to. Suppose that makes sense. I'm hoping the pump is alright because it'll save me a few £££ on top of what has failed.

Not getting much confidence with an RB :lol:

45-50k on a boosted forged engine, Im not surprised its gone tbh thats a good innings.

Triple plate clutch will have been putting more strain on the thrust bearing for starters, and only running a unichip piggybavk on a build like that?

In my opinion Id have the block ripped apart and get new bearings, and any necessary machine work, bores rehoned and a new set of rings whilst youre in there.

Then get new management asap, link plug and play ecu is only £1100 now.....

I think at the time when these APS TT kits were available, uni-chip was good value ecu at the time that worked well. Times have obviously moved on a lot since then as it's very dated now. Once I find out what's survived and what hasn't, I'll see about which route to take. Want to try avoid splashing out against the odds if possible, as it will just delay the build longer saving for the parts. I'll be happy to go up rev temporally until I can get some money aside for syvecs

Edited by A9H-RX

I would be fitting a new pump on a build anyway not worth taking any risks.

Yeah I have been looking at uprated high pressure ones. Cosworth do one for £400ish, so may just go that route seeming as I'm in there anyway. Timing chain and tensioners will also be done as well. Also turbo actuators are long gone.

• Like 1

Ooofff sorry man ! Were you not selling this a few months back , saw an add for it. Hope you get it sorted with minimal hassle .

It's always up for sale, in a love hate kind of way :lol: don't think anyone could front the cost I would want for it anyway haha

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that man

What power was it at

I'm guessing 502 bhp at the fly. :lol:

Can't see his sig on mobile

Jealous as he has more than you ;)

Hahaha

Edit .........did :(

More thankfull I have less I think :(

What you running? Supercharged as well I take it?

So sorry to see this mate.

We all run the the risk of a blow up pushing big numbers with F I but with a built engine it's not expected.

Hope you get things sorted.

Yeah it is unfortunate but suppose nothing is ever 100% bullet proof. She's served well though considering how much stick it's got every time it's been driven

Sorry to hear this, feel your pain. Never good to hear about a big build going pop... Although at 50k it's done well, hopefully on tear down there isn't too much damage and the crank can be saved.

Yeah I hope so, getting little more hopeful that it won't be too bad but we'll see