2009 rev-up

cob1980

Could be an unsold car imported from Ireland. A load of these, a mixture of rev-ups and HR's were imported by dealers late 2008 when the Irish economy hit the buffers. Only thing is, all the ones I've seen have GT4 wheels on them.

Pete

Could be an unsold car imported from Ireland. A load of these, a mixture of rev-ups and HR's were imported by dealers late 2008 when the Irish economy hit the buffers. Only thing is, all the ones I've seen have GT4 wheels on them.

Pete

Interesting, could well be, otherwise seems an oddly long time for one to be sat around unregistered.

They do seem to hold their prices really well. £7.5-8k still seems to be a key price to get anything decent. But yea I won't be spending £12k on one!

Edited by cob1980

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of buying this car as I am currently looking for a new zed, the milage seems genuine and if its as described it seems worth it. I've seen one very similar being snapped up almost immediately but thats probably because it had LMGT4s. What do you guys think? If I was going to have a look, any common issues I should be looking out for? I just wouldn't want to fork out this much for a Zed that has some hidden problems.

I was thinking of buying this car as I am currently looking for a new zed, the milage seems genuine and if its as described it seems worth it. I've seen one very similar being snapped up almost immediately but thats probably because it had LMGT4s. What do you guys think? If I was going to have a look, any common issues I should be looking out for? I just wouldn't want to fork out this much for a Zed that has some hidden problems.

Check for difficulty changing gears. Clicking rear axle, usual red flag stuff you'd check for on any car really.

If the car is pretty mint, and the alloys not kerbed, I'd take that as a cherished car.

No guarantees though of course. Is quite a bit over priced though. You can get a very nice HR for that.

Did the up rev DE's have HR Lamps and Interior then,but a DE bonnet? Actually it's pretty much a HR with a DE bonnet isn't it cos it's on HR bumpers too. Excluding the engine of course.

Edited by Hayd350

Pete

Interesting, could well be, otherwise seems an oddly long time for one to be sat around unregistered.

They do seem to hold their prices really well. £7.5-8k still seems to be a key price to get anything decent. But yea I won't be spending £12k on one!

This car was originally sold by Glyn Hopkin, a very busy main Nissan dealer in South East England (Its where Caroline's Zed was first registered) so I very much doubt that it would have been standing around for 2 or more years on their forecourt, so almost certainly originated in Ireland. Quite a number of these about, Lookers in Chester, who incidentally brought Caroline's Zed up from Glyn Hopkin in Colchester, had quite a few of these for sale around October 2008, 20 coupe's and 3 roadsters they told me. The only difference in spec is the speedo/mileometer which would be changed before sale in The U.K.

Pete

Did the up rev DE's have HR Lamps and Interior then,but a DE bonnet? Actually it's pretty much a HR with a DE bonnet isn't it cos it's on HR bumpers too. Excluding the engine of course.

Yep, the Rev up is the same as the HR but except for the bonnet and the engine. I would have bought a HR but wanted the Azure blue which wasn't available for some reason.

I would have bought a HR but wanted the Azure blue which wasn't available for some reason.

its

They changed nearly all of the colours when they introduced The HR. I think Black was the only colour retained. With most of the colours its fairly easy to see what the replacement was, ie, GM became Twilight Grey, Chilli Red became Rosso Red, Blade Silver became Universal Silver and so on. With Azure though the replacement was presumably Midnight which is quite different to the old Azure.

Pete

Yep, the Rev up is the same as the HR but except for the bonnet and the engine. I would have bought a HR but wanted the Azure blue which wasn't available for some reason.

7 years of ownership and i didn't know this. Quite interesting really. Although it took me 4 years to find the rear fog light switch.

Going slightly off topic, but is it an "urban myth" that 98RON fuel is not available in southern Ireland?

If that is correct, then be wary of Zeds that have only run on 95RON.

Not an urban myth at all.

Pete

• Like 1