Clutch release sound, not sure if this is normal? New owner

jabusby

Hey guys..

I've had my 350Z HR for about a week now and I'm noticing a sort of whirring sound when I release the clutch, I've had a search on the forums and a lot of people seem to say it's the release bearing but I cant find any actual videos of the sound so I've made a quick one. Apologies if this has been answered 1000 times before. What I would be interested to know is if this is normal or if its something I should get sorted. The car drives perfectly there is a bit of a wine under acceleration in the lower gears but I've heard worse I had the diff and transmission oil changed yesterday but hasn't made much difference. really appreciate any advice on this as the car is still under warranty from the garage.

Cheers

Jamie

Something sounds on its way out there mate, either the release bearing or flywheel. I'm not sure.

This is my clutch noise, fixed after replacing the clutch, flywheel and release bearing. If you're doing any sort of work on the clutch its worth doing everything in my opinion, the parts are reasonably cheap, its the labour in dropping the gearbox which is the killer.

• Like 1

The flywheels are very noisy, mine is similar after a new clutch and flywheel!

Thanks Alex thats what I was thinking.

Sounds like gearbox 1st motion shaft bearing.

Won't be clutch release bearing as that is not turning with foot off the clutch.

Leave at the moment and let it develop before considering pulling the box.

Alex. :)

Cheers I think that's what Ill do, I'm not that concerned about it at the moment as its pretty quite, its under warrenty for the next 3 months and the dealer has offered to look at it for me so if it gets worse Ill let them know and see what happens.

Thanks Kano, Ill look into it some more, It sounds like yours is the other way around mine makes the noise when you release the clutch pedal where as yours does it when you press it down.. Not sure what that means..

Noise with the clutch peddle pressed down should be a concern.

That noise when the clutch pedal released however is very common on 350z and isn't anything to worry about, my last two '04 had this I went through the same concerns, i even had H-Dev (zed experts) listen to it and they said its normal on these cars. Welcome to Zed Ownership!

I would stick with Alex's Advice :)

How many miles and what year is your HR?

FYI: This has been covered before: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/74992-350z-spinning-sound-from-clutch-when-in-neutral/

Edited by DarmoZ

Thanks Kano, Ill look into it some more, It sounds like yours is the other way around mine makes the noise when you release the clutch pedal where as yours does it when you press it down.. Not sure what that means..

Noise with the clutch peddle pressed down should be a concern.

That noise when the clutch pedal released however is very common on 350z and isn't anything to worry about, my last two '04 had this I went through the same concerns, i even had H-Dev (zed experts) listen to it and they said its normal on these cars. Welcome to Zed Ownership!

I would stick with Alex's Advice :)

How many miles and what year is your HR?

FYI: This has been covered before: http://www.350z-uk.c...hen-in-neutral/

Thanks DarmoZ much appreciated :) the car is a 2007 and it's got 56k on the clock so pretty low millage..