Installation Guide - 350z DE - D1 Spec GT Throttle Controller

Hodaka

• 2 weeks later...

That's strange Mike. I've not experienced that, nor have I seen anyone else who has. :surrender:

Hopefully someone else will be along shortly to give you suggestions, as I have no idea!

• Like 1

Not having a go at anything just something that I've noticed. The unit that Hokada and others have installed are the old units (7 drive), not the GT-DRIVE units?, 7 parameters on the old one, GT-Drive goes to SP-10 i believe. Maybe I'm wrong?

Not having a go at anything just something that I've noticed. The unit that Hokada and others have installed are the old units (7 drive), not the GT-DRIVE units?, 7 parameters on the old one, GT-Drive goes to SP-10 i believe. Maybe I'm wrong?

I did notice that upon receipt of the unit as well. I asked Adrian (prior to opening in case it was a mistake and had to be returned) and he confirmed it's the GT-Drive. It's just that they hadn't received the updated casing yet, so it's in the old casing. :)

The internals are the GT-Drive, i.e. it does go up to S-10 :thumbs:

• Like 1

I did notice that upon receipt of the unit as well. I asked Adrian (prior to opening in case it was a mistake and had to be returned) and he confirmed it's the GT-Drive. It's just that they hadn't received the updated casing yet, so it's in the old casing. :)

The internals are the GT-Drive, i.e. it does go up to S-10 :thumbs:

Correct, you were the first guys in the world to have the new units, old case but new internals :) I rushed them a bit to ship the units, didn't want to wait 2-3 months for the new cases to come out. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just about to install this....there is an extra red wire on the control box that doesn't seem tonbe covered in the install....for reverse or something?!

What have people done with this?

I'm afraid I have no idea. :( It's been a while since I installed it, but if it's not in the guide I assume mine didn't have it.

Is there nothing in the instructions?

I want to also point out that with my kit it looks like there is an improved connector/plug.

The one that looks like it doesn't click in properly is now a black plug and it connected perfectly to the cars harness. ðŸ‘

I want to also point out that with my kit it looks like there is an improved connector/plug.

The one that looks like it doesn't click in properly is now a black plug and it connected perfectly to the cars harness. 👊

Good to hear improvements have been made :thumbs:

• 4 months later...

Followed your guide and fitted mine today, took no more than 20 minutes to run the cables, hide the module box, mount the controller on the dash by the drivers center vent. Follow the programming instructions and worked first time.

Gotta say, SP7 is a huge difference in throttle response. Not took it to 10 yet but at this time of year it's probably risky anyway...

• 4 weeks later...