'STANG thread

ATTAK Z

• 2 weeks later...

News just in :), apparently, Ford are limiting the Mustang to 1400 a year in the UK, after the initial 3000, this along with a new Ford re-map, with full warranty, moving up the power to a modest 440bhp.

Happy days :)

That should keep the depreciation to a minimum :)

Well my test drive finally came today. I was really looking forward to it as it has been a long time coming.

Now I could give my honest opinion but don't think those of you who have bought one would find my comments very encouraging.

All I will say that the engine was lovely and growled a treat. Should we leave it there. Everyone to their own :thumbs:

Well my test drive finally came today. I was really looking forward to it as it has been a long time coming.

Now I could give my honest opinion but don't think those of you who have bought one would find my comments very encouraging.

All I will say that the engine was lovely and growled a treat. Should we leave it there. Everyone to their own :thumbs:

Share it on the thread, it's about the 'Stang, love to hear it and what other V8 you compare it with. Keep it to brand new and 35k, there's a good chap :)

...... But there is a reason it's 35k brand new . No other company would build such a car for that price as its not achievable with out cutting corners and using substandard materials .

Oh well I'd better cancel then and keep my 370, or buy a 350, or a second hand German car :lol:

What utter pee pee :lol:

What are you basing your assumptions on?

Edited by The G Man

Who else does make a v8 new for 35k ?

And the reason no one else does at that price ?

In all honesty i think the mustang should have been 45k and better built .

Im sure you and many others will love owning one .... And you'll get lots of admiring looks along the way im sure :)

...... But there is a reason it's 35k brand new . No other company would build such a car for that price as its not achievable with out cutting corners and using substandard materials .

Oh well I'd better cancel then and keep my 370, or buy a 350, or a second hand German car :lol:

What utter pee pee :lol:

What are you basing your assumptions on?

After i spent an hour in one , as i was seriously considering one myself . I loved things about it and with all the mods you have

lined up im sure it will be alot better . Its just the interior was shocking ..... Surley you must have picked up on this? The quality was terrible ...... And this is coming from someone who owned a humbly 350z .!

My 2nd hand german car is what i wanted ....... Does it matter to me that its not brand new ? No , im not out to impress anyone . Does my 2nd hand car have things i dont like? Yes..... But not as many as the mustang had ;)

Yeah, no one does, there's a reason for that as well. My assumption is there's a bit of a badge premium from other manufacturers, I could splash out 35k for a reasonably well spec'ed diesel 420 BMW, however, it's not a V8 and it's too expensive for what it is.

That's my assumption, again, what's yours?

At choptop, why not put your view up based on the 30 minute, if that test drive? If it was longer, say, a weekend, then it would be more tangible, however, to turn it into a mystery....

Then Dan, wanting him to pm it ;lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure if he's just having a laugh himself :lol:

In all honesty i think the mustang should have been 45k and better built .

Im sure you and many others will love owning one .... And you'll get lots of admiring looks along the way im sure :)

Mate, not in the business to convince you or others, it's a great buy, who doesn't like that :)

Also, it's the quality under the hood (yes I am American :lol:), did the quality of that escape you? ;)

Edited by The G Man
  • Like 1

That's true bro' :)

Well, I don't know if I like it, I'm beginning to get second thoughts, what if it's frightful? How will I ever live with myself? I'll need to get the thoughts and mind salve of my daughter and her partner (both mental health professionals), hoping I'm going to be ok!?!

Oh well, WTF, you're dead a long time :lol:

• Like 1

My Truck was less than 35k (if you do the conversion) and its got a 5.7 Hemi V8 . . Brrrrmmmmmmmmmmm

The interior is also a darn sight nicer than the mustang . . or fords in general. We did the rounds when buying Bob . . yes I sat in the Mustang. The fords so stick out as having "much plastic" everywhere. :stir:

My Truck was less than 35k (if you do the conversion) and its got a 5.7 Hemi V8 . . Brrrrmmmmmmmmmmm

The interior is also a darn sight nicer than the mustang . . or fords in general. We did the rounds when buying Bob . . yes I sat in the Mustang. The fords so stick out as having "much plastic" everywhere. :stir:

Who cares? Beep beep!