'STANG thread

ATTAK Z

After reading that EVO review im coming round to the stang... it has all the right elements of a proper sports car, independent suspension, limited slip diff, switchable traction, steering and ESC control. plus didn't realise it had over 400bhp. It is really a lot of car for the money.

however having been in a Toyota GT86 and being less than impressed with the interior quality, since that's where you'll be when you're doing the driving, it needs to be better.

I think if it had a Nissan badge on the front, a twin turbo V6 under the bonnet making the same power and a 390z badge on the back, i'd be all over it. however its hard to get over the Ford V8 motor Mustang American Yank Tank image, which spoils it for everyone who isn't American or wannabe American.

Evo was quite a good review

Its funny how peoples translations differ, I read that review as average, particularly their negative points, lacks precision and polish and behind its competitors in terms of dynamics.

I guess its difficult if you have nothing else to compare to at the price point, so I guess most will either be happy to accept its short comings or wished they had spent a bit more. A lot like comparing 350z to m3's for example.

Evo was quite a good review

Its funny how peoples translations differ, I read that review as average, particularly their negative points, lacks precision and polish and behind its competitors in terms of dynamics.

I guess its difficult if you have nothing else to compare to at the price point, so I guess most will either be happy to accept its short comings or wished they had spent a bit more. A lot like comparing 350z to m3's for example.

4/5 stars, is quite a good review, that's Evo's translation, if it was 3/5 it would be average, 2/5 poor. Who knows how I'll translate it, I'm far too busy working on being an American :lol: Evo, not me, was comparing with an F Type and Cayman. I once spec'ed a Cayman, when it got to a ridiculous £67k for a not too unreasonable spec, I new it wasn't for me.

The motoring press have a real difficulty here, with nothing to compare against really, not price, power, style, presence or heritage. I'm buying one to be a bit different, at the right price and for its capability as a GT. As I said earlier, you'll either get it or you won't.

Sure a GTR/AMG/M3-4 will outstrip it on build and material quality, on 0-60 pub bragging etc, but they're not 'different' and carry a very hefty premium, £20- £50k premium, which is more than 'a bit more'. A highly tuneable car, for not a lot of outlay.

What can I say, I'm a blue collar type of guy ;)

It wasnt a dig mate, just an observation :) If you want something that has precision/polish/dynamics though, its not such a good review, 4/5 or not, hence my comment ;)

It is what it is and for the money, what other alternatives are there, doesnt mean i have to want one to get it though :)

It wasnt a dig mate, just an observation :) If you want something that has precision/polish/dynamics though, its not such a good review, 4/5 or not, hence my comment ;)

It is what it is and for the money, what other alternatives are there, doesnt mean i have to want one to get it though :)

Didn't take it as one ;)

I'll take 4/5, happy with that, and I'll use my 1/5 ability to its maximum effect :lol: I wonder how hard it is to drive with cowboy boots on :)

Edited by The G Man

I'll just leave this here:

Some amazing gains there. Loads of UK Mustang support for this type of install that's well established. Strong rumour that Ford will themselves offer a supercharger install option in the UK, which carries a full Ford Warranty. That's been hinted at from Andy Barratt himself, (maybe your no1 son knows him? ;)), so a reasonably reliable source.

Buying direct from the states will be a lot cheaper and an install by a recognised UK installer will be reasonable, there's a couple of Mustang owners/tuners already installing and offering Whipple/Roush systems now, with the full support of the manufacturer, the tunes and licences are key here, without support from the US, strapping a supercharger on is a lot harder work.

One tuner in Hull has already got significant gains with just a custom tune, with no add owns!

Looking forward to the sh1ts and giggles install by Adrian, should be fun :). I'll probably have moved on to a different vehicle by then.

Anyway, as someone mentioned up ^^ there (brillomaster), the Mustang may well become the tuners car of choice :).

• Like 1

3.5/5 in Evo this month, in case anyone else was thinking they were going mad after reading that article a couple of weeks back!

Mustangs have always been very tuneable, good to see that this one isn't any different. Hopefully be some good alternatives to the GT350 for UK folk :)

Not a bad review Will ;)

The reviewer reminds me of the Chris Harris one, (for those that haven't seen it,

)

Getting a little bit more exited now, very close to delivery and reading and watching all the reviews, from the 'press' and other owners, the modifications etc that others have fitted, gives me more confidence in my own plans. Mostly suspension, following Dans mate from the 911 forums regarding this (not a lot he doesn't know on this aspect), and some cosmetic mods, that please my eye.

Nothing scares me about owning one of these, depreciation, pah!!, a top end GTR/AMG/Porsche* will depreciate by more than this car costs in around three years, from new.

(*maybe not a Cayman, Dan will know better, but certainly with the other two marque's I've mentioned). However, that's all immaterial, all cars depreciate, but the fun you have or the feeling you have towards any car far outweighs all the financial stuff.

Long term? Who knows? I tend to change cars every three years, but as age gathers the proverbial moss, I may or not, move onto something else. I'm putting my Nismo up for sale soon, don't really want to, but with a camper and a small car (Smart/Aygo) to be towed on the horizon as well, my limited driveway space is a debilitating factor. The Nismo, despite the detractors, is a future classic (classic might be the wrong word and I don't want to detract from the theme of this thread), but the attention and admiration it gets is a thing that I hope the Mustang brings.

Anyhoo, I'm off to practice my achy breaky heart Ho down dancing, full assimilation on being an American is how I'm gonna dang get outa Dodge :lol:

Latest update, 09 April :thumbs: This car has presence in abundance, feels huge but it's not as wide as a Mondeo and is much the same length.

Sales dude encouraged a spot of aherm, spirited driving, torque, to me, feels amazing. It's something that I've been looking for since about 2009, ever since my RX8 failed me going up Stelvio on the torque front. My 2 Zeds, provided a very pleasant torque fix :)

Now, this old boat ain't gonna hustle up an Alpine pass without a small but fair bit of fettling on the suspension front, all that is awaiting a 'Stang to be fitted to and lies patiently in my garage. Surprisingly, sounds epic inside the car, a little muted from outside, putting this down to the sound tube from the engine bay, again, a solution is waiting patiently in my garage.

There is NO mistaking that mad V8 firing order though, getting moist now in anticipation (bit sad, but I'm getting old and soiling yourself is all part of that process :lol:).

Another forum member was next in the line up today for a test drive, you know who you are ;) (he ordered last year as well :))

Same as EH in Glasgow has. There's a few cancelled orders out there, if it's at a Ford franchise, you'll get it at list, although the price has gone up twice now since I ordered, so the new price is what you'll pay on a cancelled order (plus they've probably made on the £1K deposit as well)

If it's not at a franchised dealer, you'll pay a premium, there's a few out there that are quite a mark up from list.

BTW, that bonnet is flooking huge :lol:

My Mrs, loved the seats, just as well neither of us has a Hugh Hass :lol:, they are 'snug' against the ol' hips ;)

Edited by The G Man

If there are lets say a handful floating around for sale at list, why would anyway pay a premium?

As I mentioned, franchised are list, others not, see for yourself http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/ford/mustang/postcode/ml92ap/radius/1500/keywords/2015/maximum-age/up_to_1_year_old/sort/atcustom/page/1/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/searchcontext/default

Start from about 4 down :)