'STANG thread

ATTAK Z

Have you seen how much shipping is on a new hood! I have been quoted $1000 to ship one from the big supplier in the US. There is a container company I may be using at some point.

I'm falling more and more in love with the facelift s550 . But I don't think it will be the bargain the 1st one was. I have a feeling with the mag ride, fancy dash, active exhaust and 10 speed auto it won't be far off £50k which is probably still a bargain for some but wayyyyy to rich for my wallet lol

Have you seen how much shipping is on a new hood! I have been quoted $1000 to ship one from the big supplier in the US. There is a container company I may be using at some point.

I'm falling more and more in love with the facelift s550 . But I don't think it will be the bargain the 1st one was. I have a feeling with the mag ride, fancy dash, active exhaust and 10 speed auto it won't be far off £50k which is probably still a bargain for some but wayyyyy to rich for my wallet lol

Did you see what he's quoted for shipping a bonnet Jim?, £130, that's a feckin bargain. The bonnet themselves are inexpensive, it's always been the shipping costs, which the cnuts in tax la la land will charge duty and VAT on the postage/shipping!!

Hope Maggie May does a golden shower for the Donald and gets that free trade deal :lol:

It's voluntary, so really unless you know your vehicle is good enough you'd be better off leaving it at home.

Trouble with the NCAP tests is that they're not consistent: That 2 star mark might well have been 4 star a few years back. Plus just look at the stuff it's missing and marked down for, that really would have no bearing on anything (what the hell is 'i-Size' anyway?).

That said, it was silly of Ford to put it through the test if they weren't confident of at least 4 stars. Personally speaking I don't remotely care about crash protection ratings, but I can see that those with kids probably do.

what the hell is 'i-Size' anyway?
  • i-size seats are based on the child's height rather than weight
    i-size uses the child's height to determine if the seat fits the child, rather than their weight. So, it's important to check that your child's height is within the range of the seat. Parents tend to know their child's height better than their weight, which should make it easier for parents to judge if the seat is suitable for their child and when they should move the child into a larger seat.
  • i-size rearward-facing restraints are for babies up to 15 months old
    Babies in i-size car seats stay rearward-facing until they are at least 15 months old. Currently, parents often move their baby to a forward-facing seat too soon.
  • side impact test
    i-size includes a side impact test to ensure that the seats provide better protection from side impact collisions.

It's been a strong subject in the Mustang community. I personally don't care. But from what I have read the reason behind the 2 star rating is due to it scoring a 2 star in one category.

We don't get any of the safety tech that the Americans can SPEC over there. So we miss out on BLind spot alert and adaptive cruise control. So they scored it a 2 in that category.

But yeah why on earth they put it through the test when they should have known what the outcome would be.

Both my 370's were very child unfriendly, they didn't like being put in the boot :lol:

Strudel, care to post what systems the 350 has? Just out of interest and balance :shrug:

There's no official Euro NCAP crash rating for the 350Z but all UK-specification models come with ABS, electronic stability control, high performance Brembo brakes plus front, side and curtain airbags. There's also a lightweight carbon fibre 'safety propeller shaft' which is strong, has no weak link and is said to be safer in a crash. Security is taken care of with remote central locking and an immobiliser.

They're not comparable at all, due to the leaps and bounds in tech that the industry has made in terms of safety. It's why even NCAP themselves keep changing the standards so that a five star ten years ago would only get a three star (or less) now.

Of course a modern car is likely to be safer than an older one, that much is obvious and doesn't require anything other than common sense to comprehend. My point was that a direct comparison is useless and unfair.