Temporary Car

spunkehmunkey

So my clutch is almost entirely gone so I am leaving it on the drive until Wednesday when it is booked in to get the new xtreme clutch fitted. In the meantime I am driving my mothers Vauxhall Corsa 1.4.

This really has been an eye opening event. Personally I have always owned sports cars with TTs before my 350. Driving the corsa makes me appreciate just how good a 350z is. The corsa is a 2010 plate but the amount of times I feel myself questioning its grip and having to slow down at fear of not having enough is crazy. The 350z with good tyres on you forget just how ridiculous the grip levels are, never ever an issue for me, especially not in daily driving. The bodyroll you feel on a corsa is also crazy compared to a 350 and to be fair the fuel economy doesn't seem to be much better at all. Definitely not a noticeable difference! The speed is an obvious factor and the lack of it has also changed the way I have been driving this week too.

Hugely appreciative of the 350 now and cannot wait until it is back in service!

Funnily enough I used to drive an old L reg Corsa GSI with 16 inch rims (I mention the rims because they did drastically increase grip and reduce body roll). I once had a boggo Punto as a courtesy car while the Corsa was off the road, and the first moderate corner that I took at what I thought was a moderate speed, I almost understeered straight off on two wheels!

Since then, I've known to take it very easy in unfamiliar cars :D

My mother has a Corsa 1.0 ecoflex - 2011 plate if i remember correct. 0-60 in 18.2 seconds.. She says she doesn't need a powerful car. Probably best to be honest lol

Its not possible your 1.4 is as thirsty on fuel as your zed, unless it has a fuel leak :p

Edited by Exec

I drive a 14 year old Seat Ibiza Diesel (Non Turbo) and I've got to admit...

Great fun, Grips really well considering its super old (For a daily) and it has winter tyres front and none winters rear (Soon to be sorted)

You can just throw it into corners and its fairly flat.

I drove a 2014 Fiesta the other day, 1.5? or 1.6 diesel

Utterly terrifying, felt like I was at the limits of grip when I was taking slow corners.

I'll never buy one for a daily!

I have always had sporty cars, until a few years ago I thought it would be a good idea to buy an eco corsa for long commute. I was actually upset driving it away from the garage and hated it from then, and no, the fuel wasnt any better because the stupid little car couldnt handle constant driving at 60/70, so was utterly pointless.

Luckily we buy any car sorted that for me..

Lesson learnt. If you are a car person, for gods sake get something that makes you smile!