HELP! engine mgmt, ESP and traction/skid lights just come on (solid). car idleing at 1200 but running ok

Smitherb

Mine did this the other day, was due to my throttle controller but chucked up the fault of a dodgy throttle position sensor. Worth getting a little OBD2 reader.

Got one of these and works a treat: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LYL%C2%AEMaxiscan-MS309-Diagnostic-Scanner-Reader/dp/B00JA0LNQQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454611934&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=obd2+reader&psc=1

You would hope it's not down to using low octane fuel, and that you read the label inside the fuel cap before filling up, so you didn't actually put low octane fuel in.

Get the codes read, either a reader or using the pedal dance.

Thanks guys. To clarify, I had just sold the car and new owner called me on his way home with the issues. After a short panic he mentioned that he had just filled up with regular fuel....hence my question....( yes, I forgot to mention to get high octane petrol :blush: Advised him to drain tank or add Redex if he is brave. Also do the pedal dance or get the codes read somewhere to double check. He seems ok and car running fine so think it'll be ok.

....had a tear in my eye as I watched her drive away yesterday. That's me signing off the forums now. Thanks to everyone who has helped over the last 4 years, (ZMANALEX that cape is well deserved!)

• Like 1