Qashqai or CX 5

cmp999

Hi,

We are looking at either a Nissan Qashqai 1.6 Tekna or a Mazda CX 5 2.2 Sport Nav both diesel. It will be a nearly new or new car, does anyone own or have experience with either of these 2. Is there anything we should be looking for or problems to be aware of, I have spent a lot of time reading reviews and now I'm confused :blush: Mixture of good and bad for both, I have driven a 1.5 Qashqai and it did not seem too bad, plus it had lots of toys. I'm going for a drive in a Mazda tomorrow hopefully, any knowledge would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Colin.

If u go for the 1.6dCi ul love it. It's a great car. Very reliable. Very comfortable. Only question to ask is, have all the recalls been done if the new sat Nav age.

I'd have it over the Mazda any day.

Iv driven the qashqai a lot. Very nice. Plus economical.

Only £30 to tax. 55 plus mpg.

Whatcar says it all. It the winner out of the two.

I agree that it has to be the 1.6dCi over the 1.5 though. Unless power isn't an issue. But being on here, that would be a silly comment surely. Haha

Edited by gumpy000

Thanks for the views, I have test driven both 1.5 and 1.6 Qashqai diesels and yesterday was the turn of the Mazda. Although I liked all the extras on the Nissan and it does look a little sportier, the Mazda actually seemed better built. The Mazda also had the edge when it came to the engine, it just pulled a lot better. :thumbs:

We had the 1.5Dci Juke for 4 years (& 90k miles) and loved it. No problems at all except a boost pipe breaking once and that was it. The lease ended and the wifes company decided they werent going to offer any more company cars so we had to look at buying one ourselves. We looked at a Qashqai as the natural progression to a bigger car but it just didnt do anything for us. In addition, the lease driver when they came to pick the juke up said that the lease company had experienced endless problems with the Qashqais.

In the end we went for a brand new Ford Kuga. 2.0 diesel. 150bhp. Not as economical as the 1.5Dci Juke, but its a *much* bigger car. Huge in fact, I actually struggle to park it. :lol: