Gearbox rebuild kit

-Bradders-

Prohibitively expensive i would imagine, not the parts the labour. I would be more inclined to get a decent working box from a trader.

I suspect that would work out more expensive than a rebuild kit/parts though wouldn't it? Not to mention the big question mark over "how long until this box develops into what I currently have?"

If you want to rebuild your box then simply just strip it and replace the parts that are causing the issue.

There are to many parts that give issue and providing a rebuild kit to cover all eventualities would not be cost effective.

I'd always rather pay slightly more for a freshly built box than worry about the used gearbox going anytime.

Good thread. I'd like to see any kits out there.

I would imagine 2nd boxes sell well because its not slightly more to refurb. There are recon places out there, try one of them Bradders.

Gearbox just has worn bearings, labour it costing me about 200 as its a retired friend doing it for me (whole life has worked on gearboxes) he just asked me if i can get all new bearings and seals/gaskets!? It's ok Ewen is sorting me out i believe.