v-tec just kicked in .....yo ...... pg21

Bodyboarder81

Oh you wait until you start trying to take bumpers off to replace rads, and undoing various suspension bits to change them: You'll never love German engineering again :lol:

Some BMW bits are incredibly well engineered, some are just utterly insane.

• Like 1

Very nice mate :thumbs:

For what it's worth, I had exactly the same feeling on the PS2s with 3mm that the car came with; the dealer paid for some MPSS to be fitted at my convenience and since having them on the back end feels so much more planted under acceleration, especially in the wet.

Ive decided now that when pressing on in M mode the gearbox is in its most effective state at 4 out of 5 (or 6 with the TC turned off); I found that the kick given in the most extreme modes on upshifts unsettled the car slightly, particularly mid corner in anything other than perfect conditions.

Glad you're enjoying it anyway :)

• Like 1

Very nice mate :thumbs:

For what it's worth, I had exactly the same feeling on the PS2s with 3mm that the car came with; the dealer paid for some MPSS to be fitted at my convenience and since having them on the back end feels so much more planted under acceleration, especially in the wet.

Ive decided now that when pressing on in M mode the gearbox is in its most effective state at 4 out of 5 (or 6 with the TC turned off); I found that the kick given in the most extreme modes on upshifts unsettled the car slightly, particularly mid corner in anything other than perfect conditions.

Glad you're enjoying it anyway :)

Ya ill be getting a set of mpss as soon as these are done , cant really justify swopping out as they have around 5-6mm tread . Few burn outs should sort that out pretty quick :)

And yes loving it mate .... What a car .

Need a ride in this Josh.... hop chop :)

Having the exhaust mod done next friday in the afternoon at basingstoke ...... Could swing by yours on the way back ?

Should be good for Friday, will make sure I'm around :thumbs:

• Like 1

I see things are moving along nicely Josh. You will love the 2 pipe mod. I'm surprised you think MPS2 did not inspire confidence. There's very little between it and the MPSS. I actually preferred the MPS2 and they have better longevity. Maybe because I used them for years. The other thing may have been that the rubber is old. Look at the DOT number on the side wall.

Did you play with tyre pressures?

I agree that the zed has more mechanical grip when sorted but that M diff is awesome but takes getting used to. It also you to do stupid things if you trust it and get past the unnatural operation compared to a mechanical LSD. However don't trust it on wet/drying roads.

The brakes a big enough but the single large piston lets it down and certainly OEM pads fade easily when you are on stack mode even on a-b roads. Better pads change improves it by miles.

Change the air filter for BMC and enjoy the induction noise. You will come to love this car and trust it😎.

• Like 1

Thanks Ben .....yes I'll take a look at the tyre dates and also ill check again exactly what they are , as I think they just say Michelin pilot sport on them ?

And yes will be looking at new front pads for the front for the spring/summer as the standards don't inspire confidence that well .

Still under the Bmw service pack for another 2 years , so won't be getting air filter done as I can't be bothered if I were to have an engine issue them blaming it on something stupid like the filter , if that makes sense ?!

Can't wait to get the 2 pipe mod done though :)

Ordered a flat bottom alcantara jack royal wheel as well ! Should hopefully look great and along with some other bits covered should make the very well built but a tad bland interior come to life a bit :)

I agree, I would just check on the actual terms of the warranty to be sure. I know that the Porsche one voids the entire warranty if ANY part of the car isn't OEM, wasn't sure if the BMW one was that restrictive or now is all. :)

Tbh if the air filter is just a filter change then I'd be tempted to do that anyway, it's not exactly a difficult job to undo four clips and replace it by the side of the road if anything happens ;)

• Like 1

I agree, I would just check on the actual terms of the warranty to be sure. I know that the Porsche one voids the entire warranty if ANY part of the car isn't OEM

Not quite true; I read this online but gave my local OPC a call because I didn't fancy paying £300+ for a crap Porsche branded battery when a decent Bosch one was only £85, and the service agent explained that only the electrical system would not be covered if I did the latter.

Not the case. Unless they've changed the terms recently, then the document you sign explicitly states that all parts must be Porsche OEM or the entire warranty is void. Doesn't matter what the guy on the phone says, or if they'll let most things go, if the engine goes pop and they send an engineer round and they can see you've got a Bosch battery fitted, I can promise you that you won't be getting a new engine any time soon. :)

They no longer put the policy documents online which is a shame. If they've changed it then brilliant, common sense at last, but as of a year ago that definitely wasn't the case.