Out of stock MPSS.....Alternative ?

Rob332

So I was gutted to find out the company I ordered my tyres from are out of stock on MPSS. I'm looking at alternatives and noticed Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2. Has anyone ever tried these ? If so what do you think of them ?

Can't say I've ever had Eagle F1s. Which company are you buying from? I've just put on MPSS on the back and PS3s on the front of my 370z and they're excellent. Bought mine from Camskill.

Ekona will be along shortly to discuss 'mixed tyres' with you ;):lol:

liking the eagle f1s I put on my beemer - really good price these days, seem to be handling 370lbft of torque alright and are wearing very well. No problems at all in the wet either. the MPSS might have marginally better dry performance, but in the wet i'd say the Eagle F1s are better.

Can't say I've ever had Eagle F1s. Which company are you buying from? I've just put on MPSS on the back and PS3s on the front of my 370z and they're excellent. Bought mine from Camskill.

Understeer city! PS3s are shopping trolley tyres despite the PS designation, they're going to hugely inhibit the front end performance of your car.

As to the original question, I'd happily put on the F1s, 050As or AD08Rs if I couldn't get MPSS.

Asda are dirt cheap right now, too.

I know, that's where I ordered them from originally. With the discount, I got a quote for £261.14 for the rear 2 fitted ( 245/45 18 ). Absolute bargain ! I got an E-mail from them today saying they were out of stock. I need them on for next Friday as that's when my MOT expires. That's why I'm looking at alternatives form ASDA, as they are so damn cheap at the moment, I want to try and buy from them. I'll have a look at all your suggestions tonight cheers !.......I'm meant to be working :thumbdown:

Understeer city! PS3s are shopping trolley tyres despite the PS designation, they're going to hugely inhibit the front end performance of your car.

As to the original question, I'd happily put on the F1s, 050As or AD08Rs if I couldn't get MPSS.

Even for purely road driving, no track use?

Yup, why not?

Not something I've noticed so far, although the previous owner did have 3 Bridgestones of vastly differing age/condition and a Dunlop before so I guess I haven't known better on this car... Anyway I won't hijack this thread any longer..

its not so much of an issue if you're just pootling around, but if you're pushing on and reach the limit of the tyres, PS3s will let go long before PSSs will, so the car will understeer. and even within the limits, PS3s will make less grip than PSS.

personally, I don't corner my road car hard enough to notice bad front tyres - however it would be very obvious on a track car. I think Dan pushes his road cars quite hard...

that said, if you're out for a drive and the corner you think is a fast 3rd gear sweeper turns out to be a 2nd gear hairpin, the car with mpss all round will make the corner, and the car with mps3s on the front will understeer into a hedge. and its when the unexpected happens that you need decent tyres.

• Like 1

I'm in the same position. Currently looking at tyres and in the space of a week mpss have went up by approx £100 for a full set.

My decision comes down to.

Full set of toyo proxes t1 sport at £400 roughly

Or

MPSS full set at over £600

Trying to see if they're worth the extra money tbh.

Not even close. It's like choosing Lidl budget salmon flakes over Harrod's Smoked Salmon Fillet Rubbed On A Virgin Thigh.

You'll save that easy in tyre wear alone.

Don't mean to thread hijack.

Really that much of a difference?

The Toyo's get good reviews obviously not quite as high as mpss.

This forum always costs me money

Edited by martybhoy
  • Like 1

You're getting soft these days...

To the OP - find the MPSS somewhere else ;)

Edited by waltzinblack