Any keen Golfers?

iwanprice12

Hi,

Last summer, I decided to take up golf (future father in-law is a keen golfer, so thought I'd make the effort!). Having been a few times to the driving range & par 3 course, decided to bite the bullet & go for a 'proper' round of 18 holes. Taken hold of me quickly, upgrading from a beginner set of clubs to better, branded clubs.

Surprisingly the Zed's boot was big enough for a foldable trolley and bag! (I did notice the sticker on the bootlid when buying the car, never thought I'd use the car to carry golf gear!)

Just wondering any other keen golfers that are also Zed owners?

Iwan

• Like 1

Yup, Zed owner and Golfer :thumbs:

Golfing life is a great day out until you have a bad round. Just recently upgraded clubs myself, bit of a TaylorMade fanatic B)

Haha i feel your pain! Haha I'm the same, recently bought a set of Taylormade Burner irons (and a Cobra Hybrid). Do have my starter set irons & Hybrid if you know anyone after a cheap set! 😉

Yup, Zed owner and Golfer :thumbs:

Golfing life is a great day out until you have a bad round. Just recently upgraded clubs myself, bit of a TaylorMade fanatic B)

Haha i feel your pain! Haha I'm the same, recently bought a set of Taylormade Burner irons (and a Cobra Hybrid). Do have my starter set irons & Hybrid if you know anyone after a cheap set! ������

Burners are a good club for taking beginners into the mid to low 20 handicaps that's for sure. Mate has them and for the money they're a good club. Only downside is once you're hooked the spending starts to snowball. I feel I maybe cured with Zeditus and now have Golfitus.

Don't know anyone looking for a starter set at the mo, but get them on ebay and recoup some of your costs against the Burners.

• Like 1

Played golf since I was 7 on and off, but over the last ten years I have played a lot more regularly. My only advise with golf is, the people you play with make it and dont get frustrated when you hit bad shots, the next shot is the one you need to be thinking about :)

Played golf since I was 7 on and off, but over the last ten years I have played a lot more regularly. My only advise with golf is, the people you play with make it and dont get frustrated when you hit bad shots, the next shot is the one you need to be thinking about :)

Ha, I play plenty of bad shots! :-) At least it's an excuse to get out of the house in the summer once rugby season has finished!

Wazzo - They are already on ebay mate! ;-) and gumtree! Only had them 6 months but had the Burners for £100 so couldn't turn them down really!

Edited by iwanprice12

Something I purchased recently was this: http://www.swingtalkgolf.com/en/index.html

Fantastic piece of kit, as I'm still trying to fix my slice with my driver. Just ditched my R11s for a new TM M1 430cc, already it's made a difference, but with that device I can monitor my swing from my phone.

If you're into watching vids on YouTube, I can strongly recommend the following:

Me and My Golf

Rick Shiels

Mark Crossfield

I see you're from South Wales, we are planning a trip to the Celtic Manner in the summer if you fancy meeting up.

• Like 2

Something I purchased recently was this: http://www.swingtalkgolf.com/en/index.html

Fantastic piece of kit, as I'm still trying to fix my slice with my driver. Just ditched my R11s for a new TM M1 430cc, already it's made a difference, but with that device I can monitor my swing from my phone.

If you're into watching vids on YouTube, I can strongly recommend the following:

Me and My Golf

Rick Shiels

Mark Crossfield

I see you're from South Wales, we are planning a trip to the Celtic Manner in the summer if you fancy meeting up.

Thanks very much for that. Will have a look. Snap, I tend to hit too open a face with the club. Bought a Cobra driver, very forgiving. Funnily enough, I had a package to the Celtic Manor for Xmas... Had a 9 hole playing lesson with the PGA proffessional. I am terrible at golf at the mo, I doubt you'd want me playing with you! Haha!

I used to play years ago. We used to go to the local 9 hole municipal course straight off nights at 6 a.m so we didn't have pay ;) . Also my next door neighbours dad was the secretary at the exclusive Vicars Cross Golf Club in Chester so I played that a few times. On my very first round I got around in under 50 (9 holes) and got down to under 40 after half a dozen rounds. Sadly, a combination of divorce, house move, new girlfriend and having my clubs stolen put an end to my promising career :lol: . Should mention that my Dad converted part of our large garden into a 6 hole putting green when I was a teenager so I had plenty of experience of putting long before my first round.

Pete

• Like 1

As an ex assistant professional my suggestion would be to find a good local teaching pro and get yourself a course of lessons before you go anywhere near a golf course. You'll find golf a much better experience if you get the basics to start with. He can also advise on which clubs will suit you best(will save you money in the long run). Golf clubs are not a one size fits all piece of equipment. Most people give up because they get fed up whacking the ball all over the course and then the clubs get retired to the cupboard under the stairs.

• 1 month later...

Looking for some suggestions...

Over the summer (middle August) myself, a few friends & the other halves are looking to go away for a golf/spa weekend. Been looking at some options, but would just like some suggestions? Have looked at booking through a company such as golfbreaks etc,

Preferably looking for golf/spa break near the Cotswolds/Midlands ( travelling from South West Wales so needs to be reasonably close)

Thanks

Something I purchased recently was this: http://www.swingtalk...m/en/index.html

Me and My Golf

Rick Shiels

Mark Crossfield

The wife and I are both big golfers...note big not good!

We would be very interested in maybe a Z golf day at Celtic Manor in the summer.

We play a few times a week but now mainly in Spain as we cannot bring ourselves to play golf in colder climes nowadays!

Rob

Over the summer (middle August) myself, a few friends & the other halves are looking to go away for a golf/spa weekend. Been looking at some options, but would just like some suggestions? Have looked at booking through a company such as golfbreaks etc,

Preferably looking for golf/spa break near the Cotswolds/Midlands ( travelling from South West Wales so needs to be reasonably close)

Thanks

Celtic manor has some great facilities and courses but if your looking midlands The Belfry is awesome. We have used golfbreaks and yourgolftravel, both very good but you are in peak season so highest rates.

Thanks

Heythrop Park resort. Been there once when I was living in Chipping Norton. If you're 'fit' go with trolleys, if you're a leisure man get a buggy. Trust me this course is hilly but really nice. Spa and hotel also.

http://www.heythroppark.co.uk/cp4.php

Here's a shot looking back at the tee for the 13th I believe, pond at the bottom and green right of shot.

39078D9D-5F6A-45E3-95E8-C62DBCEBD39F_zpsvzmacjw9.jpg

Thanks

Heythrop Park resort. Been there once when I was living in Chipping Norton. If you're 'fit' go with trolleys, if you're a leisure man get a buggy. Trust me this course is hilly but really nice. Spa and hotel also.

http://www.heythroppark.co.uk/cp4.php

Here's a shot looking back at the tee for the 13th I believe, pond at the bottom and green right of shot.

39078D9D-5F6A-45E3-95E8-C62DBCEBD39F_zpsvzmacjw9.jpg

Is this suitable for 'high handicappers'? Don't want to make fools out of ourselves! Ha! Looks very nice to be fair.

Anyone looking for a 22 degree hybrid by anychance?! :p

MrNiki is a good golfer. After following him around the same course 2 days in a row with a golf buggy and a stash of Carlsberg, i decided i'd have a go...

By the 2nd hole i'd named my clubs... Dave the driving iron, steve the seven iron and peter the putter. They're the only clubs i used, and by the end, when said wanted steve, he passed me the right chipping stick!! I did have woody the 'something' wood, but he put the ball in the tree's so i disowned him.

After that day i was relegated back to the golf buggy and the lager. Can't say i was hugely disappointed :lol:

• Like 2

MrNiki is a good golfer. After following him around the same course 2 days in a row with a golf buggy and a stash of Carlsberg, i decided i'd have a go...

By the 2nd hole i'd named my clubs... Dave the driving iron, steve the seven iron and peter the putter. They're the only clubs i used, and by the end, when said wanted steve, he passed me the right chipping stick!! I did have woody the 'something' wood, but he put the ball in the tree's so i disowned him.

After that day i was relegated back to the golf buggy and the lager. Can't say i was hugely disappointed :lol:

I feel your pain! :p I'd happily drive the buggy full of 'refreshments' at the standard of my golf!

• Like 1

Is this suitable for 'high handicappers'? Don't want to make fools out of ourselves! Ha! Looks very nice to be fair.

Anyone looking for a 22 degree hybrid by anychance?! :p

When you say high, how high, 28? If so yes my mates 28 and whilst a challenge loved it, apart from the hills. There's some amazing holes.

• Like 1