Continental Tyres!!!

PMX

Hi, have had my 370 a few weeks but only covered a few hundred miles.

It has Continental tyres fitted all round (by previous owner) not the usual choice for a zed, I guess?

I have to be honest, the 370 doesn't feel as 'safe/sure footed' as my previous 350....

Is this the tyres? Or is it just a matter of spending more time with the car? Or should I explore further...

All comments are welcome...

ContiSportContact (just checked)

I had budget/Falkens on the 350 then replaced with MPSS, made it a different car....

I would love to fit MPSS to the 370, just need to wait a while as only just purchased and have already fitted spacers and Cobra exhaust so have sort of run out of money.

But Continentals are normally a decent tyre, aren't they??

If they're the 5s (and they probably are), then yes, they're good tyres.

Definitely get the alignment sorted, what kind did you have on the old car? If you've got the exact figures, even better. IIRC the 370 has a shorter wheelbase too, so that might account for it feeling twitchier.

Edited by Ekona

I have the Conti 5's on the A45 (tend to be regular fit on new cars) but owners who have changed to MPSS have also reported their superiority and they will be my choice later this year, having found when I had the 370 that they were in a different league, both dry and wet, to the Bridgestones & Sesstantas previously used.

Having said that the A45 grip with the Contis is plain awesome with the 4WD so I will be growing a bigger pair to find the car's limits shod with MPSS.

errrm... most summer tyres are not brilliant when operating well outside their temperature range :wacko:

Absolutely - and that applies to all tyres, whether for road or track use, until they are 'warmed up' their performance will be compromised and the issue is simply highlighted in the winter.