Still leaking

leeroy73

Hi all ok so I've replaced the door frame seal hoping that would cure my leak. Unfortunately not! Still the same. I've been driving around now for a month with no seat Amd the carpet pulled as it literally fills up the foot well . I've checked the passenger door seal and the drain holes at the bottom. Also the strip down the window screen post-28044-145345117035_thumb.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Someone else had a similar problem recently and did a large write up on it. It was something to do with the boot seal and parking on a slope. I think the water was pooling in the rear light fixture and then flowing back into the seat pan when parking on a slope.

Edit - here's the post

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86683-water-in-my-zed-solved/

Edited by Randy_Baton
  • Like 1

I noticed a leak in my Z last winter. It only occurred when the car was sat on my driveway. Around the spare wheel the boot would collect water and the drivers footwell would also get damp.

A long story short.... my driveway is sloped... When I park my car with the boot higher than the front water collects under the rear light buckets and makes its way through the grommet into the boot and eventually into the driver's footwell.

So now I park facing up the drive! My car has been bone dry for a month now. :D

Had a similar leak on mine, after a few tests mine seems to be coming in from the top corner where the plastic side trim meets the top of the screen, may be your problem.

P1000986_zps0tlhycnj.jpg

The water then comes down the inside of the window seal rubber and exits here.

P1000985_zpsluwk73ji.jpg

which follows the door rubber down collects and into the footwell, one night off rain will soak 2 micro fibre drying towels.

P1000989_zpsdvavvovs.jpg

Think I have sorted mine with a small amount of black dum dum putty in the sceen to trim corner as a temp fix unitl I get time to remove the trim panel and fix it.

• 4 years later...
On 25/01/2016 at 22:17, eatonm90 said:

Had a similar leak on mine, after a few tests mine seems to be coming in from the top corner where the plastic side trim meets the top of the screen, may be your problem.

P1000986_zps0tlhycnj.jpg

The water then comes down the inside of the window seal rubber and exits here.

P1000985_zpsluwk73ji.jpg

which follows the door rubber down collects and into the footwell, one night off rain will soak 2 micro fibre drying towels.

P1000989_zpsdvavvovs.jpg

Think I have sorted mine with a small amount of black dum dum putty in the sceen to trim corner as a temp fix unitl I get time to remove the trim panel and fix it.

Hello mate,

I've recently bought a zed and just discovered that I have a leak in the exact location. Did any of you guys that have this type of leak managed to sort it out? What was the solution?

Thank you