Pretty sure this person just wrote my Zed off :(

AKVai

Driving home from Dartford in 4th lane (5pm so usual high volume of traffic) notice cars in front slowing and slowing and slowing down to a stop. So I hit my hazards at around 20mph down to a standstill. Notice the white van behind me still coming pretty damn fast, thinking.... well he isn't going to stop! Clearly not paying attention, "he" swerves into 3rd lane and narrowly misses me. Thank christ for that I think as I then see another car behind said white van come barrelling behind. Now I'm thinking a bright Orange zed with hazards on would be pretty noticeable! 2nd car attempts to swerve (never brakes!!) and crashes into the rear of me sending me into the central reservation!!!!

Looks pretty bad to me as in doubt the insurance will repair it.

Loved my Zed. Full service history and kept that way taking it to Sly Kaizer, just had my new exhaust fitted and last year blacked 370Z wheels. Low mileage for its age. Now look at it :( :( :(

post-18949-0-20039700-1453328664_thumb.jpg

post-18949-0-71816300-1453328664_thumb.jpg

post-18949-0-19435300-1453328665_thumb.jpg

post-18949-0-77575800-1453328665_thumb.jpg

Yeah, very impressed with the Zeds safety and airbags. Would rather not test it again when stationary on the outside lane of a motorway mind! :)

Just have few bruises and such from the airbag, other than that fine. So pretty lucky I think!

Police called Auto Renovations to collect the cars (Turns out we all stopped as a Jag had plowed into the back of 2 other cars in front of me, so about 200 yards down the road are another 3 mullered cars!) so its down in Rochester now.

Considering I expected more damage to be honest and shows that whilst the Zed is heavy, it's heavy in crash protection. Glad you're ok, but the main cause is idiots driving far too close, especially on motorways. I drive 800 miles a week on the M40 and see these accidents at least twice a week. It's infuriating that drivers above their station think that their speed has a given right over that of the car in front. Then to keep tapping their brakes because they're too close. What happens next is that traffic congests in front. Mr "drive close up ass" then brakes late, heavy on the brakes and everyone is "hazards" on...... All because of Mr "I drive like a ****"

Hopefully you'll not be put off by the damage and insurance hassle to get back into Zed life. Have to say 90% of her looks great from rear quarter forwards.

• Like 3

Thanks for the best wishes gents. I am a little sore this morning but not bad at all considering.

That's an impressive repair job Juggalo!!

Spoke to insurance this morning, said damage was extensive, rear and side panel, airbags all gone off, front damaged too from central reservation. They still say its repairable! Which is good.

Waived my excess as entirely not my fault and have courtesy car whilst its being repaired (one of a similar spec they say..... well that'll be interesting! ha ha ha)

• Like 2

The first part of the story is never good to hear, but you walked away relatively unscathed and it appears a happy ending may be in sight although I have to say I'm slightly surprised with front and rear damage plus airbags that they are considering a repair.

Good luck and I hope the bruises etc heal fast.