Nissan: autonomous GT-R could race you round the ‘Ring

Adrian@TORQEN

“One day, you could use the car as a computer game simulator. While the car is driving you to work, you could be using it as the controller to drive round the Nürburgring on your PlayStation. It’s adding a bit more fun to people’s lives while also adding convenience and safety.â€

No officer, I wasn't really speeding, I was on the playstation... wasn't I?

I've said it before, autonomous driving would be great, the roads be so much better if everything was controlled by a computer rather than a human. so much easier to make progress if all cars kept a safe distance to the cars in front, and let people merge properly at traffic. It'll be great for people who do want to use it, and great for people who don't want to use it.

unless of course they build in optional driving modes - they could have 'Honda jazz' driving mode, which is always drive 10mph under the speed limit, always stop at roundabouts and always enter roundabouts in the wrong lane.

or alternatively 'bmw driver' mode where the gap to the car in front is always closed back to 3ft as quickly as possible, and headlights set to auto flash if the car in front is doing less than 10mph over the speed limit.

Its enforced autonomous driving that i'm worried about - but that's a long way away, manufacturers are always keen to stress that the driver still has full control of the vehicle.

• Like 4

This is what Nissan is busy working on...

Though the boss of Nissan doesn't look that happy after seeing first hand the 200 mile, sub $30,000 Bolt, GM has just announced they are gearing up to put into production with-in 12 months. A 200 mile real life range Nissan EV is still at least 18-24 month away.

24269977322_4aba7ffb1f_z.jpg

Edited by gangzoom