Window Motors

Dave-350

ah this is good news for me.... i did think at one point that the glass had come out from the runners, someone did say if that was the case it would be all floppy inside the door and wouldn't go up at all which is true so must be motor fault.

How do you clean the motors up so it works?? take it i cant just spray WD40 all over it haha!! :dummy:

I used this guide when I did mine:

http://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-and-repair/361241-how-to-repair-stuck-broken-window-motor.html

Tried cleaning them first (taking motor apart and spraying liberally with electrical contact cleaner) - that worked for about 2 weeks then it died again. I bought a used replacement motor on here and that lasted a month or two, then that went. Ended up having to rebuild the motor with new motor brushes. It wasn't the quickest or easiest job, and I'd also never really done anything like it before. Took a few tries to get the thing working, but eventually got it sorted and it works fine 6 months on. Saved a fair bit of coin given that the cheapest reconditioned window motor I could find on here was around £120 - and official new nissan ones are approximately £3 million (ok, maybe more like £300+, but still). Ended up costing me £10 for about 20 motor brushes (you only need two but I bought more just incase), £5 for a cheap soldering iron, and some of my time.

Hope this helps mate