Non Uprev remap

niz

Being in Northern Ireland tuning options are limited. There is an Uprev agent 150 miles away in the Republic of Ireland, however there is also a non Uprev tuner who are reasonably local who also say they can tune the 350z. They aren't any cheaper (but will save me a day and a 300 mile round trip) but don't seem to be using Uprev, Is this possible ? Is this a case of somehow hacking before tuning? I thought the only route here was Uprev.

The tuner in question is these guys

http://www.auto-tune.co.uk/

It can be done without up rev, I've been offered a map by a company that's not uprev. I think he said he would literally take the Ecu apart and bench write to it.

I must go back and ask this guy what exactly he's for doing - There MUST be some element of hacking involved.

I used to drive 250 miles each way from Manchester to Abbey in Surrey and was happy to do it, for the confidence in using someone who really knows what they're doing

If the local tuner has his hands right into your ECU then it's a bit of a risk if anything goes awry - and a new ECU would cost you a fair bit more than a 300 mile trip . . . . . . .

• 4 years later...