Picked up a 944 Turbo project today

MikeyM

I picked this up today.... had sat on a drive for over 2 years. Checked all its levels in the engine bay and apart from the rad needing water it was all good. So stuck on a new battery and she fired up and moved !!!

Not many of these around anymore so do i restore it or do i sell it on as she is.... desicions , decisions... need to see what she fails an mot on first i suppose..

http://vid1345.photobucket.com/albums/p676/Addicted2BHP/Mobile%20Uploads/20160109_161239_zpsvwups3bq.mp4

• Like 3

I had a 924 last year. Very cool car. I say restore at your leisure and make some dollar.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My problem at present is i have an MR2 Turbo to restore on the drive, My Z to make into a show worthy beast, a full time job, a Gym i own and run, 3 dogs, cats and the wife ... Im left with nanoseconds lol

Sling the MR2 and do the porsche mate. You'll get more from it both in money and soul.

What is it a 2.5 turbo?

I can't dump the MR2 Turbo ! Its running 350bhp at the wheels .. and i promised my wife she can have it as a show car .. The 944 is a 2.5 Turbo.. and before it sat still all that time ago the previous owner had the Alloys refurbed and the Turbo itself refurbed and it was all serviced etc.. But she is noving now and called me as i had always liked it..hence now i have it :-)

I've been perusing these online this week. I think i want to use one of these as my track car, when I eventually get round to getting one.

Yeah you can buy a non turbo 944 pretty cheap.. But the Turbos are rare and really fetching big money !

I've been perusing these online this week. I think i want to use one of these as my track car, when I eventually get round to getting one.

You've been talking about a track car for donkeys mate- pull your finger out and get it done! :lol: still remember your old rx7 drift videos

Nice porker mate. Thought about one as a resto project last year but decided it was too sensible for me lol. Got an mr2 but an NA sadly

• Like 1

You've been talking about a track car for donkeys mate- pull your finger out and get it done! :lol: still remember your old rx7 drift videos

Nice porker mate. Thought about one as a resto project last year but decided it was too sensible for me lol. Got an mr2 but an NA sadly

Nothing wrong wirh an MR2 and a na is the best for a track car :-) I had a highly modified V6 conversion..just sold it to buy my Z :-) Still have a Turbo on the drive too lol

Sling the MR2 and do the porsche mate. You'll get more from it both in money and soul.

What is it a 2.5 turbo?

I can't dump the MR2 Turbo ! Its running 350bhp at the wheels .. and i promised my wife she can have it as a show car .. The 944 is a 2.5 Turbo.. and before it sat still all that time ago the previous owner had the Alloys refurbed and the Turbo itself refurbed and it was all serviced etc.. But she is noving now and called me as i had always liked it..hence now i have it :-)

Chuffing heck they're quick enough stock let alone with 350bhp. Mental.

• Like 1

Yeah you can buy a non turbo 944 pretty cheap.. But the Turbos are rare and really fetching big money !

You're right, i've not been looking at Turbo's, just 924's and 944's. :blush:

I'm still paying off my credit card from moving house in the summer. :lol: Get that sorted, get a 4x4 with a tow bar to tow my car to the track, get a track car, and oh, get a trailer, and i'll be all set. I'll post pics in 2019 when i'm all sorted, you wont be laughing at me then. :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Love the 944, especially the Turbo. A really well engineered, furiously quick and a little bit under the radar for most folks.

I've been watching the 924S and 944 for a while, great cars. Almost bought a lovely 924S Le Mans a while ago, cracking little car, great chassis