Quaife fitting help 370z

nissanman312

As a comparison , these are the 350z auto shafts so you can compare to Dominics, I believe these are needed for the auto only though, its a different quaife diff for the manual to the auto and much less work involved

20160110_1400051_zpsdybm4xfs.jpg

Edited by Richf

As a comparison , these are the 350z auto shafts so you can compare to Dominics, I believe these are needed for the auto only though, its a different quaife diff for the manual to the auto and much less work involved

20160110_1400051_zpsdybm4xfs.jpg

The confusion comes from the fact that there's three Quaife diffs for the 350z, to replace those on 6MT Open; 6MT VLSD; 5AT Open. There was no 5MT VLSD model. Now the incompatibility comes from the different sized ring gear and the offset required for the half shafts - we 370z 7AT owners require this 'missing' option, and the best option is to go with the 5AT open model and change/mod your half shafts.

The model numbers and diagrams are on my write up.

Hope this helps. I think shafts are not required if you have a manual transmission.