Leak...

leeroy73

Sorry if this is in the wrong section,

During a bit of hovering I noticed the passenger footwell was soaked so I pulled the seat and the trim to expose the carpet to find a puddle probably 2 inches deep! Since then I've dried it all out but what I noticed was a badly installed 12v amplifier lead rather than follow it along with the loom it was tucked through the wing (hinge area) and under the rubber door seal by the kick board. I've since re wired that. So I'm wondering if that was the cause or would it be this..... Please see attached photo as you can see a section is missing on one. Any help would be greatly appreciated ec07a84bfd4a47fb3175b04471b2b784.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I think it's coming from the door frame rubber seal I followed the trail , seal looks in really good condition though . But I've 're seated it hopefully that will sort it. If not I'll be back! Thanks for your advice so far :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

this might help, it's very helpful with all the places water could come from. He's a nice guy too, so pm him if you have questions :)

Awww, cheers Matt :thumbs::teeth:

Looking at your leak Leeroy I doubt it's the same as mine was (although the volume of water sounds similar)! I've answered your PM with how I solved mine, but I think there's more useful info in the thread Matt linked to and some of the links within that with the stuff I found and tried.

Good luck! :thumbs:

• Like 1