Aarghh which exhaust tip do I choose?

team stevedave

I had 5" slash cut (though not thin walled) R35 gtr tips on mine, and I always thought how I wouldn't want to go any smaller. They petruded the bumper a bit too, so didn't make the bumper rounded like above :)

My friend actually has 5" r35 gtr miltek tips he has offered me for free, but I thought they might be a bit overkill :blink:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I had 5" slash cut (though not thin walled) R35 gtr tips on mine, and I always thought how I wouldn't want to go any smaller. They petruded the bumper a bit too, so didn't make the bumper rounded like above :)

My friend actually has 5" r35 gtr miltek tips he has offered me for free, but I thought they might be a bit overkill :blink:

Then try them :) I defiantly dont think they are, maybe if it wasnt with the chargespeed..

Then try them :) I defiantly dont think they are, maybe if it wasnt with the chargespeed..

I'm not actually sure they would even fit in the chargespeed recess :unsure:

Might grab them and test fit :rolleyes:

So after doing some research, turns out standard gtr tips are 110 mm or just below 4.5 inches where as the gtr miltek tips are 5 inch, so ye think they will be overkill.

Decided to go with 4.5 inch, possibly straight cut inward rolled.

Sounds good to me. B)

Stainless or blue tipped though?

My choice would be stainless steel. :teeth:;)

Ye don't think I'll go for blue tip. The cars loud enough (visually) think the blue tips could be a step too far.

Contemplating taking the mid silencer out tho, the car is loudish but fades away a bit when going up the revs. Hopefully doesn't make it droany :unsure:

Ye don't think I'll go for blue tip. The cars loud enough (visually) think the blue tips could be a step too far.

Contemplating taking the mid silencer out tho, the car is loudish but fades away a bit when going up the revs. Hopefully doesn't make it droany :unsure:

I've got another option for you if you're interested? :D

IMAG0497_zps15b9506f.jpg

It's a QTP performance valve (from Driftworks) with a screamer pipe added. BBK did it to his Zed. B)

Post n#123 onwards: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56939-the-bounty-bar-kids-2008-hr-350z-updated-140514/page__st__120

Might give you the extra noise you're after at the flick of a switch, plus it has the benefit of being quite most of the time. BBK I'm sure could tell you more about costs etc if you send him a PM. :thumbs:

Ahh bummer as it does look like it might be a no go, ...still something to think about. An exhaust fabricator like "Longlife" for example could probably get rid of the mid boxes cheap enough for you and help you do the valve/screamer pipe in the future should you still want more noise after ditching the mid boxes. :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...