Anyone struggle with their garage?

Kieran_ctr

At least you have a garage! My house has a front garden that I've had to use as a makeshift driveway :surrender:

I live in a bad area too, first thing I do every morning is look out the window to make sure the wheels are still on the car :lol: . I normally block the Z in the garden with the Type r but that's not much of a deterrent really.

When I buy a house, my number 1 criteria over nearly everything else is that it has to have a double garage, or at least room where I can build one. Its amazing how few houses actually meet that criteria these days.

Saying that, I never park my car in the garage, just leave it on the drive. Garage is full with my project car, motorbikes & my gym!

I purchased my house only because it had a double garage. 18 1/2 feet square. I can fit 2 cars easily into it BUT there is a small rise of concrete to get in and the Z is lowered so it's the only car Iv'e owned that wont go in.

Another fail.

I went to meet Dunks and pick up a bumper from him a while ago and he got his Z out of his garage and I couldn't believe how tight it was, wing mirrors like a few mm from walls either side, i would be too scared to park it.

I have similiar issue with putting my zed in the garage.

93c6b2e0729e894ec7a62961149b2b90.jpg

It's a long garage but that's all it has going for it :(

• Like 1

I was talking about this the other day to my GF, her neighbours knocked down their old garage and rebuilt it - Literally 6 inches to the right of where the old one was... I would feel uncomfortable trying to park a Saxo shitbox in there let alone a "normal" sized car like a Zed

Apaz their reasoning was " We have a small car now, so we don't need a big garage "

What happens when, oh I don't know, you change car?

Imbeciles.

When I eventually move out ( If you're reading this mom/dad, keep dreaming ) Priority number 1 is a big enough garage for a car and enough space to work on it comfortably. Tired of not being able to do small things cause its pissing it down with rain, and damn cold.

Maybe I'll just move into a heated garage and call it a day? Live off Ginsters pie's and Monster...?

EDIT: Added photo of my pointless "garage" - I am aware that the angle makes it awkward to tell size - that's what I tell my GF anyways ;) But I highly doubt it would fit, think the front fenders would scrape let alone the mirrors, or the big booty :(

IMG-20150721-WA0004_zpsdqzotmfa.jpg

Edited by Mikevv

None of my neighbours use their garages!! Most park on the road if they dont have parking in front of their garage. People just seem to use garages for storage now a days which is probably why builders dont bother to make them big enough!!

Mine's a new build as was the house before and can get cars in ok, little snug but do-able.

ive always had motorbikes and i love bikes and cars. i lived for 7 years with a shed, then i got another 2 bikes so bought another shed.Then 2 years ago it was time to buy a new house as we had a baby, house was her priority garage was mine, so i bought my house with this in the back garden.

fully insulated, running water and gas, toilet, remote garage doors and i even stuck surround sound in it.

If you ever come to move make a garage a priority like i did.....the house is okay as wellpost-24756-145208914089_thumb.jpgpost-24756-145208917399_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

ive always had motorbikes and i love bikes and cars. i lived for 7 years with a shed, then i got another 2 bikes so bought another shed.Then 2 years ago it was time to buy a new house as we had a baby, house was her priority garage was mine, so i bought my house with this in the back garden.

fully insulated, running water and gas, toilet, remote garage doors and i even stuck surround sound in it.

If you ever come to move make a garage a priority like i did.....the house is okay as wellpost-24756-145208914089_thumb.jpgpost-24756-145208917399_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Flippin' heck, it's so big it has even got its own child creche!. :surrender::lol:

Very nice. B);)

Similar problems, to get in the garage is quite narrow, specially by the shutter

2016-01-07_01-04-38.jpeg

once the car is fully inside, there's more space the open the door and come out without struggling. Is only long enough to close the shutter and that's it :) Big ass car :)

2016-01-07_01-06-40.jpeg

2016-01-07_01-07-09.jpeg

2016-01-07_01-07-40.jpeg

2016-01-07_01-08-34.jpeg

Another reason to move far, faaaaar away from London. Now days looks like the best place to move is next to Keyser, they have huuuuuuuuuge garages down there! :lol: :lol: