Invidia Gemini

cowie

Hi Guys,

Have had the Invidia Gemini dual exhausts on the zed just over 4 years, been getting some vibration through the back around 1800 RPM, service guys telling me a baffle has failed, is there any way to repair or is it fooked, pretty pi**ed off, as the car is lightly driven, and it wasn't a cheap kit.

Think the Invidia only carries a year which is pretty poor for a stainless exhaust costing what it does, would still contact the outlet, let them know the miles its done etc.

Yep Invidia USA state only a one year manufacturers warranty. Still might be worth asking the seller/trader who it was purchased from but still I wouldn't hold out much hope as tbf 4 years is a pretty long time.

Granted its cost and the fact it's stainless steel you'd have thought it would hold up better but it's the first time I've heard of this happening with an Invidia.

Only option left would be as Jetpilot stated which is to find out which box has the baffle gone, cut it open, repair as necessary and then re-weld it all shut. Good luck whatever happens. :thumbs:

Thanks guys, got the kit from Chris @ Tarmacsportz, did speak and was told they only had a 1 year guarantee, unfortunate that when I originally had the vibration come through I was told it was just a loose heat shield, though that was still after the 12 month warranty. Going to send a email to Invidia is a longshot though.

Thanks guys, got the kit from Chris @ Tarmacsportz, did speak and was told they only had a 1 year guarantee, unfortunate that when I originally had the vibration come through I was told it was just a loose heat shield, though that was still after the 12 month warranty. Going to send a email to Invidia is a longshot though.

In my experience Chris is a great guy and Tarmac Sportz do give fantastic customer service so if he can't help I'd be very surprised indeed if Invidia USA can do anything for you whatsoever.

If I was you I'd try "Longlife" exhausts or a similar local company, ...as making exhausts is their business they will be more than capable of opening the Invidia backbox and replacing the damaged/gone baffles. Also they'll have a variety of baffles on the shelf so should find one the same.

I can't imagine it would cost you much more than £50-£80 to have that done by them imo. :thumbs:

Link: http://www.longlife.co.uk/