Sideswiped/hit and run'd :(

coyoteboy

Driving along in the left lane of a dual carriageway. Left hand bend. Someone cuts the corner and swipes along the length of my lovely car with their econobox :(

I'm left with deep scratches to my drivers side front and rear arches, drivers door and mirror :(

Watched her do it, like while trying not to mount the kerb I looked clean at her face and she didn't even look left at me. Baffling.

Got the reg number but I'm loathed to report it because you can guarantee it'll go 50:50 and I'll swallow the excess anyway :(

50/50 Except she didn't bother to stop or report it to he police? I think she'd struggle with that one.

Clearly not portraying herself as an aggrieved party

Do it quick whilst she's still got damage on her car.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear the news, but right to report to the police and get an incident number.........as more and more insurance companies are offering repairs for hit and runs that do not affect your NCB - hopefully yours is one of those, so you might like to check it. :thumbs:

The fact you got the reg number is a bonus so chase up the police as to whether they have interviewed the registered owner as if they have evidence then irrespective of the 'hit & run' cover you should have a good case against the other party having failed to stop.

• Like 1

Consider getting a dash cam in future. It really is a trump card when someone ruins your day like this.

I wouldnt take mine off the drive without my cam running.

Absolutely. Have a front dashcam on the 03 & bought an HD front & Rear for the 380. Not taking any chances!

Say you had an accident, tell the Police the other driver failed to stop and drove off. It's an offence to not stop and she will get a visit from the BiB.

My neighbour had similar story,but only in our forecourt..Guy reversed into her,came out ,looked at damaged and just drove off...No external witnesees! Her friend was quick and got his number plate and back of his car(damaged side).

Called the police and they didn't wanna know!! Crazy!

Insurance said without witnesses its unlikely she will win the case!

I don't know how the story ended !

Funny enough bloke who reversed into her comes around to visit his mum from time to time.This young type of "wankster" boys with attitude.I would FOOKING smashed his car with baseball bat...grrr...

Edited by Dashurik

Easy to jump to conclusions at this time of the year as to why she chose not to stop, but in doing so it has not only prejudiced her 'defence' but hopefully the police will identify the driver and do them for failing to stop - as how was she not to know there were no injuries in the OP's car

Thanks folks, was a bit of a downer but I'll take a trip to Infinity Glasgow to get a quote to make her shiny again.

Police were very helpful and positive about it, said they will get right on to it and pay her a visit and get back to me.

Keep us posted on how things work out and good luck. Dash cam is a great idea also, they are so cheap these days as well. Mine was £50 and one of the better ones at the time.