Exhausts... Do i require each bit?

ddcboyle

Asked the question on the a5 owners club, they dont seem to like to respond on that forum...

Question is, im looking to buy supersprint exhaust for a5, pretty expensive. So i was looking at dpf deletr and the end section, from y-pipe down.

So, do i need the centre section or can i use my oem. As in, if it fits... will it make a big difference using oem compared to centre section? Its 400quid for centre bit, and really, if the 2 tail pipes (which will be box free) allow for a good note/power, whats the point in mid sect if only a tiny change?

Need as in fit, or need as in power increase? Ask SS directly for the former, if it's for the latter then I still would. No point in doing things by halves :) You won't get a decent noise from a diesel though, regardless of exhaust layout.

Btw, and I'm sure you know this, but DPF removal is insta-fail on the MOT now.

Need as in fit, or need as in power increase? Ask SS directly for the former, if it's for the latter then I still would. No point in doing things by halves :) You won't get a decent noise from a diesel though, regardless of exhaust layout.

Btw, and I'm sure you know this, but DPF removal is insta-fail on the MOT now.

Thats what i thought about the noise of a diesel, but seen in person. Normally the only noise from a diesel is the engine 😅

Just didnt know if, if it fits over the ypipe, if id lose power/does the y pipe really change the tone much