So I'm booked on a track day

nissanman312

Right so I've fancied getting on track for a while . I have a big group of freinds going to cadwell park on March the 11th and I've booked on .ctbc

The day is organising by open track my freind knows the organisers which he says runs a good setup

So my next dilemma is do I run the z ?

Seems a shame not to! but ultimately should the worst happen it would be gutting and verry expensive

What sort of track cover is available

Or shall I pick up somthing like this

Saw this car on Auto Trader’s Android App. Thought you might be interested. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201512029153044

And then it's not such a big expensive upheaval if it gets damaged

I'm a complete novice when it comes to track driving

There is tuition on the day.and a couple of the guys going are verry experienced on track so will be on hand to offer advice

• Like 1

I'd get cover on the Zed, it's fun to drive it harder than you can on the road and you're already familiar with it. I used moris too http://moris.co.uk The setup of the cover was easy, but obviously you only find out how good they are if you claim. I couldn't have lived with myself if I'd gone and not got cover and wiped her out, so it was a simple decision. It also covered getting her home if the worst should happen, that alone would be slice if you had to pay it yourself.

Have fun :)

• Like 1

I'd get cover on the Zed, it's fun to drive it harder than you can on the road and you're already familiar with it. I used moris too http://moris.co.uk The setup of the cover was easy, but obviously you only find out how good they are if you claim. I couldn't have lived with myself if I'd gone and not got cover and wiped her out, so it was a simple decision. It also covered getting her home if the worst should happen, that alone would be slice if you had to pay it yourself.

Have fun :)

Good advice thanks

I'm with pace ward for my on road insurance and they offer track day add on

What should I expect to pay ?

Use them them, give them a call and see. I'd expect it to be about £100 with an excess of 10% of the value of the car, but that can massively vary by insurer.

Cadwell is my local track, my come down for a 370 meet? I also plan to take mine on track this year. Cadwell is a amazing circuit, you will love it. I would try to take some jerry cans with you, as the fuel at the track is really expensive and its 25 min round trip to louth shell to fill up otherwise. As for insurance, I have done plenty and never had it. But Cadwell is narrow and if you did come off your never far from a wall. I would not bother personally but its up to you.

Cadwell is my local track, my come down for a 370 meet? I also plan to take mine on track this year. Cadwell is a amazing circuit, you will love it. I would try to take some jerry cans with you, as the fuel at the track is really expensive and its 25 min round trip to louth shell to fill up otherwise. As for insurance, I have done plenty and never had it. But Cadwell is narrow and if you did come off your never far from a wall. I would not bother personally but its up to you.

Awsome .

I've the best part of 30 grand in my z I just couldn't risk it

I did notice from videos it's tight there

So will be feeling my feet for starters

Imo Nic you should take the Zed, ...otherwise what was the point of going FI as you can't really enjoy it to its full potential on the roads (legally anyway).

All you need to do is build up the speed slowly and try not to get caught up, like some people do, with "showing off" to whomever's watching. Just have fun is the most important thing & to be safe.

I've done lots of track days/experience days over the years but below is the video of the first one I did after having my 350 supercharged.

As you can see lots of "slower" cars over take me as I move over for them etc when I see them coming up behind me. The reason for this is I wanted to build up my speed slowly, lap after lap, in order to ascertain how much grip was available to me.

Track days aren't race events so who cares if some nutter going for gold over takes you in a bashed up Clio or some other car their not bothered about wrecking.

It's just about enjoying your car safely at speed. ;)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Cadwell is a great track but it is tight, narrow and twisty. If its been raining then be very careful in the mountain section as the trees overhang and it takes ages to dry out. It has caught a fair few out. It is also prone to aquaplaning on the main straight so be conscious of that. Apart from that its a great little circuit so have lots and lots of fun. You will love it :)

And there is always "The Ring" with us in April this year Nic B)

I'd love to John but I've a week of in March to reki our trip to Europe check all our routes and hotels ready for June

On the upside we might be doing it in either a new rs3 or mattys mclaren :)

• Like 1

you're gonna love it! although you'll be going really really fast at some points, so build the speed up slowly!

I sense a dedicated track car might be on the cards ;)

You may well be right

I'm still not fully compatible with tracking the z but it feels like a waste to not at least once

Nic,

With everything you have done you must give it at least one track session ! Insure it and enjoy it, even if only once!

If you get the bug then perhaps a track car because you will enjoy the track more if you are not worrying about binning £30k each time, so follow brillo's lead

Edited by davedutch

Nic,

With everything you have done you must give it at least one track session ! Insure it and enjoy it, even if only once!

If you get the bug then perhaps a track car because you will enjoy the track more if you are not worrying about binning £30k each time, so follow brillo's lead

Yeah that's my thoughts dave

I'm looking at track cars now have been for a while so if I enjoy it I'll get something