The 2016 F1 chat thread

Ebized

So you watch the other old boys club then? ;)

Yeah, I preferred BBCs old men. Think Jake Humphries was good too, was a shame he left to be replaced by Perry. I also find myself a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of footage on Sky. I found the best balance of quantity and quality on BBC.

I know what you mean about the amount of coverage however I do find DC and the wee man especially "grating" and in that regard I much prefer Brundles' race interjections on Sky. Each to their own I guess :)
  • Like 1

Please tell me that's a typo and not someone adversely affected by advertising :surrender:

Nope, they just got some numbnut to transcribe what was said who has zero idea about motorsport, basic engineering or life in general.

Lazy, lazy reporting.

At least the BBC can carry on putting out Eastenders and Strictly and Baking and Midwife and all that other amazing telly.

Sounds like perfect TV for a Hot Chocolate Drinker :stir:

:lol:

You're only jealous of my awesome evening drinkies :p

Please tell me that's a typo and not someone adversely affected by advertising :surrender:

Nope, they just got some numbnut to transcribe what was said who has zero idea about motorsport, basic engineering or life in general.

Lazy, lazy reporting.

That's what i said :)

A good little read and some entertaining jpegs :)

He isnt wrong though, "to find the limit you need to cross it", if anyone has watched Marq Marquez he works to the same tune, just the big difference is, he mostly does it in practice so he knows come Sunday morning :)

• Like 1

With Renault ditching Pastor and picking up KMag along with Palmer as drivers, they're in danger of making me like the team again.

I've been a fan of Renault F1 since 1980 thanks to my dad. Been lucky enough to get a tour of the F1 factory and sit in some of the cars including the 2010 model which I though was one of the best looking. So I am well happy they are back in F1 as a team. Will Alonso go back for a third time?? Well I guess if they have a winning car he will try :lol:

Edited by Linus27

Apparently that's only the testing livery: The actual car will have much more yellow on it.

That's what I just said. Keep up at the back :lol:

He has trouble keeping up when the thread count goes up, word on the street is he wears out a keyboard every other month :D

• Like 1

Apparently that's only the testing livery: The actual car will have much more yellow on it.

That's what I just said. Keep up at the back :lol:

He has trouble keeping up when the thread count goes up, word on the street is he wears out a keyboard every other month :D

I hear it's his age, rumour has it, he's getting on a bit :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

No you don't. It's a crap idea, dreamt up by people who know the sport is going down the toilet and are desperate for ANYTHING that gets them column inches.

It's a really, really shockingly bad idea and I can't believe the teams agreed to it. It doesn't help any of them, and all it means it that there will be so many complaints about blocking and referrals that the grid won't be determined until Sunday morning, once Charlie & co have had a good look and made their decisions.