The 2016 F1 chat thread

Ebized

Sorry to hear the BBC have cut it completely, but has been on the cards for a few months now. Atleast C4 have said that they will not be showing adverts. Makes no difference to me, as iv got Sky, but it needs to be on free to view channels.

Hoping this year will see a marked improvement from Renault regarding their engine and developement. Got a feeling that Ferrari will be closer to Merc next season, hopefully Seb can put in a decent bid for the tittle.

As long as it doesn't feature Suzi Perry!

EJ is useful for getting the inside info, but DC is a bit plastic. It may be quite refreshing to see how C4 angle the coverage as the BBC format has hardly evolved over the last 10 years.

a new take on the presenting format might not be a bad thing - although I hope they continue to actually have a presence at every race and not save money by presenting from a studio.

And why on earth would you not want to feature Suzi Perry? :scare: trying to think which other female presenters channel 4 has in its employ that could do as captivating job...

Edited by brillomaster

BBC coverage has been sh*t since Sky started up. Once again, there's a reason that Sky become the go-to people for sports and no-one actually objects to paying the money for it. They're simply the very best at what they do.

Regardless of whether you like the presenters or not, the overall package just wasn't very good. It'll be interesting to see what C4 do with it, but it won't tale me away from Sky.

Can't bring myself to pay out the extortionate prices for sky sports, even though I am a huge sports fan across many sports it is just too high I think when you look at the annual cost.

Anyway, that aside, still plenty of motorsport on terrestrial TV if you look hard enough, which is more interesting to watch than F1 - little Alfie loves the touring cars!

I hate the face we are in some cases forced to pay to watch live sports. With the majority of everything we see and watch somewhere trying to promote healthy lifestyles I find it a joke that it would costs a fortune to watch F1 , Moto GP ,football,boxing and UFC..... all of which have icons and inspirational people who have inspired me growing up and formed my life how it is now . No wonder kids nowadays are turning to gaming and the internet as it can be to exspensive for their parents to watch let alone the kids!

I dont mind paying, just if it was all in one place. I pay for Sky and make good use of it, F1, Golf, Cricket and some football at times , but also have to pay for BT to watch the MotoGp, its really odd how Sky dont have the MotoGp seeing as they sponsor teams :wacko:

I hate the face we are in some cases forced to pay to watch live sports.

Yeah, not much left free to air these days. Olympic games have gone to Eurosport from 2024 and we've seen a drip, drip of high profile sports going to Sky and now BT. Sad, but BBC can't compete.

Pete

I dont mind paying, just if it was all in one place. I pay for Sky and make good use of it, F1, Golf, Cricket and some football at times , but also have to pay for BT to watch the MotoGp, its really odd how Sky dont have the MotoGp seeing as they sponsor teams :wacko:

Blame the EU. Because they don't want one company to have all the rights and have a monopoly, the rest of us are now forced to pay more to watch what we could have for a cheaper price. Utter c*nts.

At least the BBC can carry on putting out Eastenders and Strictly and Baking and Midwife and all that other turgid crap, whilst forgetting about people who don't actually enjoy the dull drudgery of generic soulless TV.

• Like 2

Yeah i know it would be a monopoly and they would probably charge more than i am paying now :(

I literally wouldnt watch the tv if it wasnt for Sky, about the only thing i watch on normal tv is/was TG, wildlife docs and the occasional random historical programme/documentary.

• 5 weeks later...

Wet weather testing starts tomorrow so giving this thread a bump..

In other news reports are that Honda have managed to find another 223 HP (when eRS deployed) for their 2016 unit compared to 2015.

Wet weather testing starts tomorrow so giving this thread a bump..

In other news reports are that Honda have managed to find another 223 HP (when eRS deployed) for their 2016 unit compared to 2015.

Yo, VTEC just kicked in for Honda :)

:lol:

Will be interesting to see how the Hass teams performs......you get the feeling they will be be right up there quite early on in the season

Sure I read somewhere that DC has gone to C4 now?

Despite always having had Sky I have always preferred to watch the BBC coverage. Just can't stand that old boys club on Sky of Brundle, Herbert and Hill. Hope that C4 do a decent job of things so there is still a good alternative.

Edited by Jumzo

Sure I read somewhere that DC has gone to C4 now?

Despite having always having had Sky I have always preferred to watch the BBC coverage. Just can't stand that old boys club on Sky of Brundle, Herbert and Hill. Hope that C4 do a decent job of things so there is still a good alternative.

Hope so too:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122437

So you watch the other old boys club then? ;)

Yeah, I preferred BBCs old men. Think Jake Humphries was good too, was a shame he left to be replaced by Perry. I also find myself a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of footage on Sky. I found the best balance of quantity and quality on BBC.