Scotts Project 370Z

Scott TMN

So still waiting on the bumpers and wing. Looks like it could be another 3-4 weeks off yet. A quick snap of the car the other day as the carpark lighting really bought the pearl out!

DSC_0058_zpsk7emvdfr.jpg

The front nismo conversion can require quite a list of parts to get it all fitted, so I have made a start by buying Parello's spare nismo lower OE splitter

56EB379B-BE43-4A08-88CF-96A1E47343D9_zps0locanjj.jpg

And a couple of required backets, which I got from zspeed. They are made from thick stainless steel unlike the oem ones, and still much cheaper than Nissan items :)

E836B4F0-4CDC-4078-A5A0-5A439F6023F0_zpsou5qwd1o.jpg

That's all for now, hoping to get my seat brackets finally ordered soon!

Edited by Scott_f91

• 4 weeks later...

Had another package arrive last week! Zspeed allumium undertray for the nismo bumper.

F22AA533-872B-4DA9-AB61-79EA35BCF81C_zps2be7lcrq.jpg

The bumper requires a different undertray anyway, and the stock item is madly overpriced so thought I'd take the opportunity to go for the allumium one. Advantages of this is the increased bumper rigidity it gives, something I liked from having the Torqen item on the 350z. Other added perks it has a quick access hatch for oil/filter changes and also a vent to channel air towards and accross the oil pan.

96261534-9790-47C4-A30B-2D99DF3129BA_zpsotorojpj.jpg

Unfortunately I have a small oil leak coming from the seal on my propshaft, so I am booked in to see Sly @ kaizer again on Tuesday to get this replaced, fluid changes and to pick up my new front bumper :)

So, I was at Slys a week or 2 ago to get a fluid change, fit my bonnet pop up sensors and check out an oil leak that I had suspected.

91474835-EAAD-45F0-8C46-429E2FE5697A_zpsgwrpe4b9.jpg

Good news the sensors worked! So no more error lights on the dash for the first time since ownership :D Next was to look at that leak.

They found the seal between my propshaft and gearbox to be leaking. As it was a slow leak and the seal needed to be ordered in, I arranged to come back and get my fluid changed then.

So today I arrived at Kaizer, got my seal done along with a P1. And also picked up my new front bumper! Some very nice GTR's there too! B)

F7A22A29-429C-4D5A-BD60-00EEE370F990.png_zpsooy75ugz.jpeg

C2BF6AAA-4C2F-4B0A-8F66-E4AA4D417E72_zpsrk5xhqjh.jpg

The plan was to go straight to the bodyshop with the bumper and drop my car off. Thankfully Jak was a top guy and came up with me to help take the bumper to the shop, and then me home. There was however a miscommunication though as when I met him in the morning he was in his S2000.. Tried as we did the bumper doesn't fit in an s2000 :surrender:

489834F6-776D-4287-BE56-68545570CA9D_zpsfckp6cvn.jpg

So had to call on Elliot was also a top guy to offer his courier services with his golf. Undertray in the Z. Front diffuser in the s2k and bumper in the golf. We made our way to the bodyshop.

44C5DD4A-BA9D-402F-93B1-BED7FA67E888_zpsf2jhesoj.jpg

Which is where its left ready for the new kit. (rest is still on its way) A big thankyou to both Jak and Elliot for their help today, appreciate it guys!

A couple of pictures a friend took outside a mates house the other day also:

4481BE56-CF3D-45A6-9ADA-706BFA94CA83_zpswsb3gze2.png

544518B3-7B49-49F5-BC25-2FB9CF7EB482_zps4jgw14gw.png

And one from the other night also

75297AAA-2D4D-4971-8603-44732493EE5A_zpsr3q9l6db.jpg

• Like 2

Is the rear bumper the same as what was on it before? Looks the same.

In theory yes. In reality nooo. They are both Amuse style, accept the first one didn't have the right sizes and proportions.

Basically this one is far more aggressive, the little ledge under the tail lights and where the white cross bar thing is, they stick out a lot further. The middle bit is also carbon on this one :p

Simile with the side skirts, they are much bulkier and hang 1" lower at the rear than the previous ones. :)

In theory yes. In reality nooo. They are both Amuse style, accept the first one didn't have the right sizes and proportions.

Basically this one is far more aggressive, the little ledge under the tail lights and where the white cross bar thing is, they stick out a lot further. The middle bit is also carbon on this one :p

Simile with the side skirts, they are much bulkier and hang 1" lower at the rear than the previous ones. :)

Makes sense now.

Just checking you weren't starting to lose it! :lol::thumbs:

Makes sense now.

Just checking you weren't starting to lose it! :lol::thumbs:

Haha not complelty lost it just yet :p:lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just been through your build. Great colour that pearl white. Really like the car. Finding hilarious that 6 months after fitting amuse kit you are now changing it. Brilliant.

Looking forward to seeing it once done.

P.s. carbon cooling panel still looks great on my Z B)

• Like 1

Just been through your build. Great colour that pearl white. Really like the car. Finding hilarious that 6 months after fitting amuse kit you are now changing it. Brilliant.

Looking forward to seeing it once done.

P.s. carbon cooling panel still looks great on my Z B)

Haha over 2 months of that was waiting for the kit to arrive! ;) it will be worth it in the end I'm sure :)

Aha I'm pleased to hear it! I wouldn't expect anything less :p