Scotts Project 370Z

Scott TMN

Your 350 looked awesome bud, also made a cracking start on the 370.

Just out of interest where will the fog light fit on the Amuse rear?

Cheers mate, and yes as above same as oem :)

Looks way better than my current Datsun :(

Enjoy the car Scott!

Cheers Adrian, got to have a good few hour journey in it each way this weekend and loved it!

So finally got round to another little mod, of fitting the GTR starter button. I personally love it and think for the ease and difference it makes to the cabin its a worthwhile little mod.

Old one

E6C6FCBF-3A41-4CA5-99E7-EE54731EB1B3_zps5v0jwmwk.jpg

30 seconds later

C7E80A64-8D72-4E45-B924-5D9B0B11FFE5_zpstuszhydu.jpg

And all in :)

8F6FEBF3-167E-4310-9D1E-23BD8F6B3BDC_zpsostremnk.jpg

934F2F2A-EA82-436D-B744-C1A5FE1E4EA2_zpsuypnhtl8.jpg

After that we thought we'd tackle fitting in my bonnet pop up light cancellors. Fit more involved with the removal of engine bay plastics, scuttle panel, wipers and strut brace, and then a few hard to reach plugs so lucky I had Steve and Jak on hand, cheers guys!

DF11DDFD-6B18-427A-B307-5DCDC1F4F9C4_zpsegvgr8ce.jpg

Just need to attempt the light reset procedure a few more times to see if thats been enough to get rid of it...

• 1 month later...

Wow, absolutely stunning colour !

That rear bumper is pretty mean looking 💪

Cheers guys! I do love the colour, I wanted to go Pearl white on the 350, this is spot on to what I wanted!

And Thankyou, though I do have impure thoughts about the bumper, and changing it out for the carbon version :o

• 3 weeks later...

So a few (belated) updates. Firstly tackling my dash light issues and my 'loose' steering wheel. So a visit to Sly@Kaizer was in order!

ACA71149-FC5E-4DC9-BB56-44C9F8232FCF_zpsokhx9gfn.jpg

Shortly after having the car Sly and the guys got to the bottom of my issues. The airbag light was caused by a broken spiral cable, which also caused the steering wheel controls on the right hand side to not work. This was ordered and fitted on my next visit a few weeks later. My loose steering wheel was literally a loose bolt, in the steering collumn. They also picked up on the rear droplinks which needed replacing and that the toe bolts were 350z ones, which are slightly shorter than the 370 ones, so they didn't reach into the locking part of the nut. Again these were ordered and replaced a few weeks later. Which we then discovered that the toe bolt hole still needed elongating to allow for the additional adjustment of the eccentric washer.

With regards to my annoying bonnet pop up light, I was feeling optimistic with my new cancellors fitted. I was even armed with a replacement ecu module. However the diagnostics revealed the cancellors loop out the bonnet actuators, stopping it from firing, not the sensors and the system itself. Meaning the only way to clear my light, was to replace the 3 missing sensors... £1300 from Nissan. :scare:

However, a continual search led me to a breaking 370, that had no front end damage! So here we are, 3 replacement sensors.. Lets hope this does the job!

550AF77C-683B-42FB-AD3F-78DBC55EA757_zpsp3dbnqds.jpg

Just want to say a huge thanks to sly and the guys for their help and advice with everything so far. When sourcing the sensors in particular the breakers and I had several queries and Sly was always there to help!

I also have my rear fog light now, and along with my sensors I got the backing plate for the foglight so I can get that on soon now!

5F0BA441-9DF2-494C-AF28-BD373D1D72C7_zps77ksybuj.jpg

Another belated update was my exhaust! I finally have the GTR backbox fitted! :D :D A welcome milestone for me was being able to take that awful oem system off. On my way back from Kaizer I went to Pipecraft, who I had previously spoken with in detail about this. Another place I would highly recommend.

Unfortunatley I haven't really got any pictures as my phone had died at this point. I must get a better picture and of course a video clip!

209A98DC-85E1-4926-884D-AF68189FC1DF.png_zpstutlnrwo.jpeg

The original plan was to replicate what I had on the 350. Mid pipe silencers out, GTR backbox in place of OEM. As mentioned earlier I had already cut everything off in preparation this time. Once the old backbox was off and we offered up the GTR one, we had a change of plan.

Being a bit of a tool, and trying to go one better than last time, I thought it would be a good idea to get a nice shine from the backbox. Which I was taking the right steps towards, however it turns out that everything on the system is only mild steel, the box isnt stainless As i previously thought. The one of the 350 remained nice was because I only 'tidied' that one up.... not starting to sand off what turned out to be the protective layer..

We opted to separate the 2 cans that make up the gtr backbox, and put each one in each midpipe. and have the backbox area as straight pipes. The advantages to this were not having a potentially tarnished box on show, much more direct airflow, and of course a much easier job fitting it, as to do so meant having to have pipes loop over/under each other.

EE4A0E36-181E-4A16-887A-DE9E711AEE9E.png_zps2wo96ver.jpeg

The setup is basically the same as before just the other way around. instead of straight pipe then backbox, we effectively have back box then straight pipe. Its interesting though hearing the difference in sound of the 370 in comparison to the 350. Will have to get a video up of them both together some time!

Edited by Scott_f91

So the car is going to be having some more changes soon! Its currently in for some suspension changes as I have finally made the leap for air suspension. I cannot wait!

Gone with the Airlift performance struts, 3/8 lines, 444 compressor and 3p Management. Been playing with the mobile app now for the past month or so, cant do anything with it yet obviously... but I am excited :lol: Should be a nice update come the weekend!

So my barely used Torqen coilovers will be up for sale shorlty, and maybe some of my Amuse kit if theres any interest?

• Like 1

So, I am buzzing! Big thanks to Car Audio Security! They were great with everything, customer service and the install itself were all spot on! So yeah, this happened...

BDD33961-DFF3-4FFE-89D8-9CBF2C0692B6_zps55lp45or.jpg

And the boot install (needs a clean from where I loaded it up to get everything back). Hardware is all hidden underneath the new floor, with half a tank on show, and being half boxed in it gives me a good usable space without having to worry about bits bashing into the tank or anything :)

FA5FD4F3-DFC8-402D-9DDC-C539320AA299_zpsddxlm8z1.jpg

Had a chance to have a good play with it last night. Using the app I connected up my phone, which connects and operates flawlessly, enabled the rise on start feature and also played around with my presets. Safe to say I'm very impressed! :D :D

• Like 4