Today we mourn one of our greats - Martinmac (2015)

Lexx

Absolutely gut wrenching. Martin was a top bloke and was one of the first people I met on the forum nearly a decade ago. Always very friendly and went the extra mile. A massive loss to the car community. Liz, my thoughts are with you and family. x

I remember on my first Wales meet in October 2008, at the carvery in Bala he stood up and said a few words, including wishing me a happy birthday, and he'd had a card made for me, and i'd only met him once before at that point. What a gent.

A couple of pics i've got of him...

Photo0458_zps6udezmdx.jpg

100_0006_zpsptyu0z0w.jpg

Obviously not of Mart, but of the card he got me.

Photo0452_zpsxyjtlxpz.jpg

Edited by marzman
  • Like 3

The first other Zedder I met in the flesh, at the first car meet of any kind I ever went to. It was really strange meeting up with a bunch of randoms in a place I'd never been before, arriving on my own, but Martin couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming. His love for the club and Zeds shone through after just a few minutes chatting.

RIP Martin

There are a few people in life who you can consider to be a friend despite never having met them. Martin was one of those people.

I recall fondly the PMs we shared over the Hairy Biker who called his home a brothel, let's just say that Martin didn't hold back in his words! :lol:

Thanks for the laughs and the kind words and even the rollickings when I deserved them, and I will miss you my friend. :(

• Like 2

Very sad and shocking news. The forum will never be the same without him.

I will always remember the text he sent me on the eve of Wales 2009 "Bloody zeds everywhere". Such a sad loss....RIP Martin.

Edited by Beavis
  • Like 5

Jayne and I send our heartfelt love to Martin and Liz.

One of the the first characters I met from the forum some 5 years ago, and from the originating LakeZ event that he created out of his own pocket for the love of the forum just shows exactly what sort of person Martin was.

Here's to you fella, I'll miss you and our "who's got the lowest car" banter at LakeZ.

RIP we shall miss you deeply...... My wine is raised high for you my friend with a tear in my eye :(

• Like 2