Today we mourn one of our greats - Martinmac (2015)

Lexx

Really gutted to hear about this, my thoughts are with his family and friends. The first time I met Martin he had just said he was going to be around Glasgow. I was working late but Martin and Liz hung around just to take the time to meet me before the lakez. Gem of a guy, I hope Lexx and all the other members who knew Martin for years are ok.

So so sad to hear this terrible news. Our thoughts are with Liz and his family.

Martin made Karen and myself so welcome when we finally met 3 years ago,

The efforts he made every year to organise Lakes Z were super human.

Such a generous gent with a heart of gold.

For him the only way is up.

R.I.P Martin

Edited by flyboy

I never met him but 6 pages of wishes within 24 hours says it all. Everyone talks highly of someone who has passed away but these posts seem more genuine and it's obvious he was a true gentleman who touched the hearts of many

Can I request that if the next lakez meet is in his honour that it is open to us non zedders so we can all come down

• Like 6

Very sad to hear this awful news. I only met Martin once at LakeZ 2011 and sadly didn't get to have more than a 5 minute chat with him. A very nice guy and a larger than life character, always ready to help out with a smile on his face. A legend not just on here but on the Z scene in general. He'll be missed probably more than we realize at the moment.

My sincere condolences go out to Liz, his family and his friends on here, especially Lexx who I know was very close to him.

R.I.P Martin

Pete

• Like 3

I never met him but 6 pages of wishes within 24 hours says it all. Everyone talks highly of someone who has passed away but these posts seem more genuine and it's obvious he was a true gentleman who touched the hearts of many

Can I request that if the next lakez meet is in his honour that it is open to us non zedders so we can all come down

Lakes is not normally a zed exclusive event, but yes I agree a lakes event should take place in his honour for all.

• Like 3

Its been a long time since I posted here but I felt compelled to log on when I saw all the messages about Martin on Facebook. I enjoyed three years of active membership here between 2007 and 2010 and over that time I had lots of public and private chats with Martin. It was the early days of Facebook but I am still connected in with approximately 10 people that I only know from the club, Martin was one of them. I remember him as someone who was universally liked and the one person that would never judge another member, even when some of us were being intentionally obnoxious! (usually Sarnie or me). He became a member after me but very quickly became the glue that brought the club together in a way that helped turn it in to the club it is today. As an old member, it's really pleasing to see such a vibrant group here that's just as active now as it was when the 350z was still in production - I know that Martin (among others) has had a big role to play in that.

I didn't know him very well, I only met him a couple of times at Zed meets, but in this modern age we build good digital bonds with people and I am truly saddened to hear of his passing.

RIP Martin

• Like 5

Absolutely gut wrenching. Martin was a top bloke and was one of the first people I met on the forum nearly a decade ago. Always very friendly and went the extra mile. A massive loss to the car community. Liz, my thoughts are with you and family. x

I remember on my first Wales meet in October 2008, at the carvery in Bala he stood up and said a few words, including wishing me a happy birthday, and he'd had a card made for me, and i'd only met him once before at that point. What a gent.

A couple of pics i've got of him...

Photo0458_zps6udezmdx.jpg

I just about fell off my chair this morning when I read Tim's post on Facebook about Mart's passing, was absolutely staggered.

Thanks for posting this pic Chris. Mart's wearing one of the Zclub NZ tshirts I sent over for him. Think this particular tshirt is one I sent over about 8-9 years ago.

It makes all those 350z-uk.com calendars that I've kept that he's sent over all the more special.

Our thoughts are with you Liz.

• Like 3

Still can't believe this has happened.

If any members on here would like further information on the funeral please contact a member of the team and we can forward the funeral details on.

I will be going up to say goodbye and pay respects to a great man.

• Like 4

Still can't believe this has happened.

If any members on here would like further information on the funeral please contact a member of the team and we can forward the funeral details on.

I will be going up to say goodbye and pay respects to a great man.

We will not make it down Will. I've asked Al and Nix to pay our respect... Those of you that do go please raise a glass on our behalf to our lovely lovely Mr Mac xx

• Like 3