Today we mourn one of our greats - Martinmac (2015)

Lexx

Still can't believe this has happened.

If any members on here would like further information on the funeral please contact a member of the team and we can forward the funeral details on.

I will be going up to say goodbye and pay respects to a great man.

We will not make it down Will. I've asked Al and Nix to pay our respect... Those of you that do go please raise a glass on our behalf to our lovely lovely Mr Mac xx

Still can't believe this has happened.

If any members on here would like further information on the funeral please contact a member of the team and we can forward the funeral details on.

I will be going up to say goodbye and pay respects to a great man.

We will not make it down Will. I've asked Al and Nix to pay our respect... Those of you that do go please raise a glass on our behalf to our lovely lovely Mr Mac xx

Same for me too, rather a long way over from NZ. Will be there in thoughts though. :)

Very sad news. Martin was one of the first people on this forum to chat to me and make me feel welcome- this was before i got my first Zed. I have seen so many other members have said the same also, he was so kind, a really great guy. I am not on the forum much, (i need to get on more!! im hoping when i go down to the one job , not three i'll have more time) even though i am not on the forum often unless organising some events I spoke to Martin a lot on facebook, he was always so helpful and nice.

Very sad news and a huge loss to us here. I hope the funeral goes well (as well as it can.) My thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP MartinMac

• Like 4

Thanks to those who joined Liz and I at the service for Dad today. Lots of kind words and even some dry weather!

Hi Joe.

I just wanted to say how proud your dad was of you and how much you have achieved. It was clear that he loved you very much. I hope you and Liz are bearing up as best you can.

Damian

• Like 8

It was a lovely send off for Martin today, the church was packed with people, perfect speeches that brought a smile and a tear.

We passed on the thoughts and love from everyone here and Liz said she had received a printout of everyone's comments from the forum and was very touched.

There will be a big hole left for many people with martins passing. I was always so impressed with the way he went out of his way to help me out over the past 4-5 years on here. Then talking to people over the past few weeks and seeing all the posts on here you realise he was doing the same thing for loads of people. Going out of his way to help others out. He was a gem and will be greatly missed. The forum will not be the same without him.

Here was the token we passed on to Liz and the family. Great work Colin and stu for putting this together, a perfect tribute.

Joe - your dad really was a legend

Martinmac%20collage_zps3g8bciyz.jpg

• Like 17

Damian/ Will Thankyou both, very kind along with all the lovely tributes from members. Apologies to anyone I didn't meet today. I may even pop along to a meet- it may have to be in the Honda as I know he definitely would not approve of me driving his car!

Edited by jmacd
  • Like 6

Damian/ Will Thankyou both, very kind along with all the lovely tributes from members. Apologies to anyone I didn't meet today. I may even pop along to a meet- it may have to be in the Honda as I know he definitely would not approve of me driving his car!

Make sure you do pop along, you will always be more than welcome :thumbs:

I was so sorry not to have been at Marts funeral yesterday. Sadly one of my best friends died the day after Martin and due to a lack of family I have been making the arrangements for her funeral this Friday. My thoughts were with Liz and family yesterday and I cannot say how much Martin will be missed. I also think often of Maccaman (Keith) and Sparky350z (Mark) also taken too soon.

• Like 6

It was a lovely send off for Martin today, the church was packed with people, perfect speeches that brought a smile and a tear.

We passed on the thoughts and love from everyone here and Liz said she had received a printout of everyone's comments from the forum and was very touched.

There will be a big hole left for many people with martins passing. I was always so impressed with the way he went out of his way to help me out over the past 4-5 years on here. Then talking to people over the past few weeks and seeing all the posts on here you realise he was doing the same thing for loads of people. Going out of his way to help others out. He was a gem and will be greatly missed. The forum will not be the same without him.

Here was the token we passed on to Liz and the family. Great work Colin and stu for putting this together, a perfect tribute.

Joe - your dad really was a legend

Martinmac%20collage_zps3g8bciyz.jpg

Can I vote for this to be included in the 2016 calender plus the option to make a donation to a charity in Martin's name

• Like 6

Never had the privilege of meeting Martin, nor have we even spoke on here. Though he added me as a friend on Facebook, that gave me the impression of a down to earth, friendly bloke, keen to meet new people within the Z family. I've only ever heard good things about him!

Rest in peace Martin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...