Today we mourn one of our greats - Martinmac (2015)

Lexx

Oh My, this is heartbreaking to read, I saw Chesterfields post on Facebook & it broke me. Martin was the first guy I met on this forum & urged me to come along to my first meet in 2007. I have no regrets in doing so, he welcomed me with a firm handshake & have had the pleasure in meeting so many others over the years within his invite. Truly a fantastic guy with such a kind heart & sole. Martin, friend of mine that has sadly gone, I really hope that we can have a LakeZ 2016 in his honour. RIP Martin you will be missed & remembered by many for the great guy you were :band::byebye:

• Like 10

I first met Martin in 1989 in The Falklands then brought together again 25 years later through the power of Zed on this forum. You may think Martin was a Zed fan but I know better and will always as an FNG, remember getting a ride with him up to The Death Star sat in the Pink Pig which roughly translated is - I was just posted into the Port Troop and needed a lift to the complex at RAF Mount Pleasant and he gave me a lift in a 1/2 tonne Land Rover painted pink and complete with a curly tail. Great Times and too many late nights, and plates of scouse. Happy memories of a wonderful human being it was an honour to have known

Edited by Mudman
  • Like 4

Very sorry to here this. I only knew Martin through this forum and for such a very short time. He helped me out and was friendly and welcome. I feel sorry that I'll never get to meet him in person.

My thoughts are with his family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember meeting Martin as we arrived for our first Wales meet, must have been 2010. Such a friendly and welcoming man, we couldn't help but feel relaxed and in good company.

A thoroughly lovely man and I'm shocked to hear this news. Always working tirelessly for the benefit of the club and members just because he loved doing it.

Very sad indeed and my thoughts go out to Liz and family

• Like 2

I only met Martin for the first time at LakeZ this year and I was hoping I'd get to meet him more often than that... this is the man who enabled me to meet my childhood crush (Toyah) in the flesh...!!

RIP, Martin... such a sad, sad loss... :(

• Like 2

Absolutely devastating news. RIP Martin and thank you for everything you have done for the forum and me over the years. Like many I considered Martin a good friend as well as a key member of the forum. Love and condolences to Liz and the family x

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I knew Martin through the forums also and he worked with me in helping to launch the JAE thread with the 3 Z clubs. A great Ambassador to the Z scene and he will be sorely missed. On behalf of the Committee and members of 300zx.co.uk we would like to send our condolences to his wife and family.

• Like 2

Sad Sad News indeed :byebye:

when i went to the wales meet a few years back, Martin was the first person to greet me, smile as big as a cheshire cat, fag in one hand and out stretched hand,gave me small hug afterwards when he realised i was Neo :)

The world is indeed a poorer place.

• Like 3

I am so sorry to hear of this sad sad news, and was awaiting the updates with anticipation, but to open this is devastating. My thoughts are with the family and sure that he had bought a lot of happy times with all he came across. Martin first helped me when I first joined the club back in 2010 with my way around the forum and making my first appearance at Japfest with the club stand, a happy and enjoyable experience. Martin, having been an iconic member of this group for such a long time, he will be sadly sadly missed, but one thing is for certain is that ... he Will Never be forgotten. God Bless you buddy xXx