Today we mourn one of our greats - Martinmac (2015)

Lexx

It is with overwhelming sadness that I inform you of the news that Martin "Martinmac" Macdonald passed away early this evening following a short illness.

Martin was a key part of this forum from the very start and indeed Z car forums for many years.

He was a friend to many here, and indeed his knowledge and information has served a great many members here.

Martin was my mentor and more than that he was my friend and he will be deeply missed.

Raise a toast to him tonight, for we have lost one of the greats.

Rest easy Martin.

Edited by Lexx
Marked as 2016 to avoid misunderstandings.
  • Like 31

Can't believe it. I met Martin for the first time a couple of years back at lakes. I have to say he was one of life's givers, a true gent who went out of his way to help people out. Instantly likeable and he will be sorely missed.

My thoughts go out to Liz and his family.

Such a huge huge loss.

• Like 4

Words can't describe how much he did for others and how great a person Martin was. It is not an exaggeration to say this club would not be what it is without Martin. Many friendships have been made due to events Martin organised.

He leaves behind a great void for this club and holes in the hearts of many here that simply cannot be filled. Including mine.

I've known Martin almost a decade and rarely do you meet people with such kind hearts. I simply cannot believe this news. It's going to take a long time to sink in. Im going to miss Martin Mac terribly.

My heart goes out to Liz and family.

• Like 10

Terrible, terrible news and he will be sadly missed.

He contributed so much to the forum in so many ways - in the fact the list is endless, and he was so generous is help in all ways.

Having enjoyed many meets, drives and 'socials' with 'Mart' and Liz, our hearts go out to her for her loss and he was one of the best.

Although he did not always enjoy the best of health there was always laughter and good humour when Mart was around even though his body was giving him grief, such was his way to enjoy life to the full.

A very sad loss for all who knew him.

Rest in Peace Martin .

• Like 3