Japfest 2016 - Silverstone - Sunday 24th April - Full attendee list attached to post #306

370Ad

Is it possible to have say a Gazebo making

a central point for Members to be able to congregate when not wandering around elsewhere. It would add

to these events for newer members to be able to stand a chance of meeting up with others more easily.

What a good idea this would have been!! I only really chatted to the people who were parked up directly in front of me. As a complete newbie to the car show thing this would have helped as it would have been nice to have said hi to some of the characters who are frequent posters in here

I also noticed some of the other clubs had "pop up signs" and the vertical banners

• Like 1

both the 350 club and the Z club have 3 event shelters each which are distributed throughout the country. I have one of the z club ones and usually take it to all the events I attend. I did not bring it this time as in the rules it stated that a risk assessment had to be submitted (no idea how to do that) and weights must be provided to hold it down. By this I assumed that we were on tarmac and I have no weights only pegs (nor as far as know does anyone else) nor do I have the capacity to carry them in my 280ZX. No one else brought one either but the are available to be shared round. Between us we should also have loads of banners, feather flags etc but only mine was displayed.

Hi. It wasn't meant as a criticism or a dig at anyone. And I do appreciate that our cars are considerable less well set up to carry stuff compared to some of the hatchback and saloon based cars that were on display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi PaulK & Wendy, no it wasn't taken as criticism just a post to inform you that the stuff is out there available for club meets. I don't know who has the shelters etc but I bought six and they were divided up so that most areas of the country had access to one for local shows and several could be brought together for events such as Japfest

Having seen the form they wanted you to use, it counted for nothing anyway.

If a gazebo falls over it can kill someone, fact. That's a three on their risk scale. If you weigh it down it'll be very unlikely to fall, so that's a one on their scale, giving a score of three on their matrix. They won't let you do anything over a two though! In their example they say a falling gazebo might just injure someone max, not kill. That is utter rubbish. Would you be happy standing up in court arguing you got it right when someone's dead? I wouldn't.

Risk assessment is a minefield, and you don't want to be doing it unless you're 100% sure as once you do, it's your neck on the block.

If you need risk assesments and method statements done, I can do that. Just bare in mind next time if they ask. The world has gone H AND S potty if you ask me.

I'm amazed that I have reached my 50's relatively unscathed. We will soon be going to car shows where no cars are allowed because they are too dangerous. They will be replaced by photographs of cars behind safety barriers.

Edited by Rs2oo
  • Like 5

If you need risk assesments and method statements done, I can do that. Just bare in mind next time if they ask. The world has gone H AND S potty if you ask me.

I'm amazed that I have reached my 50's relatively unscathed. We will soon be going to car shows where no cars are allowed because they are too dangerous. They will be replaced by photographs of cars behind safety barriers.

It sure seems to be heading that way 😂

yes I agree but more to the point

!1/ Is that a photo of Amanda Holden , nice

!2/ Dose anyone have some photos of all of the 350z and others as I only took three me hands were cold!!

yes I agree but more to the point

!1/ Is that a photo of Amanda Holden , nice

!2/ Dose anyone have some photos of all of the 350z and others as I only took three me hands were cold!!

In answer to your question, yes, that is Amanda Holden , very well spotted. Your hands were cold at the 'fest which is a coincidence because, studying the photo of Mizzzz Holden in detail, I believe she too was cold..........

Edited by Rs2oo

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...