Japfest 2016 - Silverstone - Sunday 24th April - Full attendee list attached to post #306

370Ad

Mr P - Please PM me re your lights... i was having a good look at them and wanted to ask you a few things

there was also a toyota GT 86 who looked as though he had rear ended something on the way in.... conditions where far from perfect in the morning for showing off but i dont hold anything against anyone... it's horrible seeing someones pride and joy smashed to bits

I saw the GT86 as well...not sure what he hit, but all airbags had gone off....but from the front hood damage it looked to me like he had run into a lorry

We drove past that and also wondered what had happened. A lorry could be a good call as you'd think there would be another car parked up if it had rear ended a car. The damage was pretty significant, so must have hit reasonably hard.

Think Chris (Keyser) witnessed the GT86 incident. IIRC from what he told me (could be wrong though) a Civic Type R broke (as in braked) in front of GT86 #1 and GT86 #2 basically didn't (brake). :scare:

Who owned the Green 350z with the red wheels? reg plateY60 MAK.

I thought this was Gorgeous liked everything about it..well done.

Mike K-g

That was mine. Thanks for the comments. I'm quite pleased with how it looks too. Certainly a vast improvement on the original silver grey? ������

Also can I add my thanks to 370Ad for organising things. Another great show ������

Are you fairly local to Silverstone then? Saw you last weekend at the World Endurance Championship. ;)

IMAG2001-1_zpsla1bxky8.jpg

Mike K-g

That was mine. Thanks for the comments. I'm quite pleased with how it looks too. Certainly a vast improvement on the original silver grey? ������

Also can I add my thanks to 370Ad for organising things. Another great show ������

Are you fairly local to Silverstone then? Saw you last weekend at the World Endurance Championship. ;)

Mike K-g

Did anyone else see the poor black 350 that had an argument with a wall... and lost? :(

Yes, mine unfortunately.

Where and how did it happen bud? I'm intrigued as on your track session there weren't many people on track with you. Track looked super greasy early on. Gutted for you, how bads the damage? Repairable?

The bottom (near pits) was really wet and greasy. Coming round woodcote was greasy af, straightened out and it looked a lot drier, so put power down (evidently too much for the conditions, my lack of experience showing). Hit another really greasy patch at that point and back end let go and round we went into the wall. Anywhere else I'd have gone into gravel.

Nothing to do with other cars (I was first in the pack, which probably didn't help), just @*!# conditions on the track and me putting a bit too much right foot down.

Car's pretty much a gonner I think. Rear impact structure has gone into the boot back and floor, crumpling that up and both rear quarter panels have ripples down them. Front hub actually sheared too!

I'm no expert at bodywork, but the ripples in the panels and bends in the boot tell me it's game over.

20160425_193157_zpsudxqmzih.jpg

20160424_093022_zps17qdonz0.jpg

I saw the GT86 as well...not sure what he hit, but all airbags had gone off....but from the front hood damage it looked to me like he had run into a lorry

We drove past that and also wondered what had happened. A lorry could be a good call as you'd think there would be another car parked up if it had rear ended a car. The damage was pretty significant, so must have hit reasonably hard.

Chris, Bob and myself drove past this incident very shortly after it had happened.

From what we could tell there was 3 x GT86 involved - The one with the air bags deployed/completely staved in front had ploughed into the 86 in front of him, causing quite a fair amount of rear end damage. Then this one got shoved into a brand spanking new 86 causing some very light rear damage.

Ps. Sorry to hear what happened to you Green Landy :(

Mike K-g

Mr P what bumper is that? wud love one of these.

IMO - Much too large a venue. Much of it looked (The Club Stands) like a Car Park.

I felt it was badly organised - everything was very spread out with poor signage.

Even when asking the the Marshalls - they obviously had not worked at Silverstone

before as they were unable to guide you or have any knowledge of locations within the circuit.

I even bought a brochure - the mapping in that was no better.

As for the farce of the Stand Tickets - mine did not arrive, but I managed to get in easily !!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Drifting however. But other than that don't think I would bother with Japfest

at Silverstone again.

I was really looking forward to this event and was overaly very dissappointed.

OK - the weather did not help - it was freezing !!

I appreciate none of this was Adam's fault, as he did his best to organise the Club Stand on hard standing

- much appreciated by all and good location too on T4 beside the Paddock Cafe ! Also the 240, 260 and 280

Datsuns so close was a pleasure. Surprised at how many there were.

I would like to add - for our Stand - at events like these. Is it possible to have say a Gazebo making

a central point for Members to be able to congregate when not wandering around elsewhere. It would add

to these events for newer members to be able to stand a chance of meeting up with others more easily.

I personally have previously met just a few people, hardly any that I caught up with at Japfest which was

dissappointing. Seems very much - the only people you ever really meet at such events are those you

convoyed to the event.

Edited by Wendy
  • Like 5

The location of the stand would have been great at TRAX as all the main shopping stands are located near that pit straight this would have brought people through the club stand but i felt we where out the way a little... that said it was good to be on hard standing.

I have only been to castle combe once but personally i much preferred the layout. you could walk around the track and see all the stands... I feel i might have missed some stuff at Silverstone because its more spread out, the weather defiantly didn't help

• Like 1