Japfest 2016 - Silverstone - Sunday 24th April - Full attendee list attached to post #306

370Ad

Have to say, the track etiquette was appalling yesterday. Three abreast braking into Brooklands is utter suicide, and the amount of cars just wandering aimlessly into a corner terrifying. I will never, ever, EVER put my car on track at any of these events.

That's said, the chap in the black coupe who had his accident sounded desperately unlucky. He was a nice guy and took it better than I might have, and didn't have a single lame excuse at all. Tbh I'm not convinced the circuit was ready for cars, as with snow in the morning & sub 3c temps & shadow over that part, it can't have had any grip at all. I hope he (and Adam) managed to get home at a reasonable time. Good to meet you both too, albeit in rubbish circumstances.

Sorry for not getting a chance to catch up with too many of you either! I saw Will faffing around in the back of his car but by the time I'd finished faffing too you'd gone, saw Adrian briefly has he drove past (how loud is that car?!), and Amy was busy chatting and scoffing a large pastry-based meal on her stand so I didn't want to interrupt :lol: The drifting was incredible to watch live, but the show itself felt a bit too much car park for my taste. Poor signage too, we had no idea where anything was and I'm sure we missed a load of stuff.

Shame it was so cold, we had to leave earlier than I'd otherwise have liked. Despite all of that, I had a great weekend (less said about the service in the hotel on the Sat night the better, eh folks?!) and once again it proves it's all about the people, not the cars. :thumbs:

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 6

What surprised me while walking round yesterday was seeing so many 350's and 370's on other club stands.

There must have been as many combined on other stands as there were on our club stand.

Yup all ok here, thanks for the messages.

Car is completely fubar'd though

And davey_83 you don't know what you're talking about in my instance - I'm not sure you are referring to me though admittedly. I had no-one around me, was just a horrific surface, and a lack of experience on my behalf and some bad luck. It was hard enough standing on that part of the circuit when we got out of the car.

Ekona - was good to meet you, although I confess my mind was in another place and I don't really recall it. I do remember your wife offering me the hot drinks and that was very kind.

• Like 3

Oh man, didn't realise it was you, sorry fella! Normally I'm offended when people don't remember me, but I'll make an exception in this case ;) Sorry, probably not joking time yet. I'm just glad you're okay, it's a cliche but it's true. Definitely one of things you can look back on and think "If only...", but we've all had close misses at sometime on track. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't, FWIW I meant what I said about your attitude to the accident, and it's even worse when it happens to the nice guys. :(

That'll be the teacher in the wifey coming out, she's got a good heart in her when it comes to looking after people :)

• Like 2

post-18524-0-04114300-1461574395_thumb.jpg

Took one photo with my phone all day. Quickly did a panoramic shot as we walked to the trade area. Not the best photo in the world but shows the good turn-out of the 350Z's which I think was the biggest one model turn-out ? Impressive.

• Like 4

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that organised the stand, I don't think I have ever seen so many z's in one space, very awesome.

I thought the whole event was brilliant and defo better than Combe. Really can't wait for next year but I just hope it's a lot warmer, driving through sleet on the way was not fun when you have spent so much time cleaning our z.

• Like 2

Oh man, didn't realise it was you, sorry fella! Normally I'm offended when people don't remember me, but I'll make an exception in this case ;) Sorry, probably not joking time yet. I'm just glad you're okay, it's a cliche but it's true. Definitely one of things you can look back on and think "If only...", but we've all had close misses at sometime on track. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't, FWIW I meant what I said about your attitude to the accident, and it's even worse when it happens to the nice guys. :(

That'll be the teacher in the wifey coming out, she's got a good heart in her when it comes to looking after people :)

Yup plenty of 'if onlys' here. Just got to take it on the chin as a lesson learnt in driving on oily tracks.

So, back to the Land Rover until I find a suitable Z replacement.

Many thanks to 370Ad for setting this one up from all the Z Club guys who attended. It's good to get all 3 clubs (with 300ZX) together to show off our cars, I'm sure we had the biggest display. Great to see some new blood organising an event. Keep it up!

• Like 1

Morning all, was a good day out. Met some very nice Zed owners. :)

My mrs took a few pics of some of us parked up. Will upload them later.

Here is one from my phone.

20160424_092204_zpsstlzcbzh.jpg

More to follow...

Also thanks to the organisers.

Edited by Stuggerz
  • Like 5

Great day guys. I was in the blue Zed with the yellow lights on the Adrian Flux stand, showing off my goodies from MopedMark. Spoke to a few of you as you walked by. Saw the silver Roadster have his off. Not sure if he touched the barrier or not but was close. Weather was not bad, a bit cold but at least the rain held off. Fantastic to see so many other Z's there and the stand looked amazing. Can't wait for next year :)

Great day at the new venue yesterday, queues weren't too bad at on the way in / out which was a nice surprise compared to Coombe. Our stand was on the other side of the bridge, but had a great day wandering around the place. Came past the Z stand a few times but not many folks about so just had a nose at the cars and took some pics.

Not the best photo in the world but shows the good turn-out of the 350Z's which I think was the biggest one model turn-out ? Impressive.

Of a single model maybe. But the Evolution stand by the bridge had over 200 Evo's :surrender:

No doubt the race surface was pretty awful yesterday morning, the roads were as the chap in the Supra found out on the a43

Yeah we drove past this not long after it happened. Was definitely slippy. My words to my passenger were 'Oh, best look out for these two people walking on the side of the road......oh, theres loads of mud on the road in the lane best avoid that.......oh sh!t theres a Supra'. Poor chap. Also the GT86 which had his front end stoved in whilst queuing to get onto the slip road. Not sure if he just wasn't paying attention, or was was in the outside lane trying to beat the queue and then cut in last minute.....

People who purposely cruise up the outside lane then force in last minute are half the reason for the queue in the first place.......*cough* Adrian *cough*

• Like 1

Big thanks to the organisers, really gutted i didn't get to meet some more people and catch up with those who I've met in the past. Great event, there where some really nice cars on show!

Great day yesterday, I wasn't on stand but came to have a look, impressive turn out :) no problems as a visitor getting or out so I'm sure the regular punters will all be happy too. The carpark was just as impressive as the stands inside :lol:

The Supra crashed in front of me , he was showing off , lucky i have a dashcam ;)

Oh! I thought he was just unlucky as it was slippy coming off the roundabout.

C'mon - Let's see the vid :D

• Like 1