Japday Review - TT Article #13 **Page 8**

Grundy

Meh, just your usual, typically entertaining, relatable and very well written piece by Dan. ;)

Although I've come to expect nothing less from your previous write ups on here, Dan, I do genuinely enjoy your writing style and this was certainly no exception. If I were wearing a hat, I would doff it to you sir.

• Like 2

Iv always had modded cars in nearly 15 years of driving. At 32 with responsibilities- family, house, business- when I wrote my skyline off I decided to go sensible and iv had my first un-modified car, an e46

But after a few months I knew I needed something daft again lol. Bought a mk2 mr2 and have big ish plans for it (it will be right up team tarmac's street) but finding the time and money to get the ball rolling

My modded cars will always be weekend cars with something German for my daily duties. Aiming to get to at least one big show down south each year

With Martin's news I'm hoping to get the mr2 ready for lakez

• Like 1

Another great read Dan/tarmac!

I have the same argument with a friend almost every day with his e92 m3. He always goes all Clarkson on me and only talks about 'Power!!'

I honestly believe that if someone gave me a Ferrari I would sell it( After a good road trip:P:lol )and buy my dream garage full of cars under 300bhp. With the exception of a modified r34.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Edited by Deano94

Thanks guys, all compliments gratefully appreciated :) Shares always welcome too! :D

I didn't mention it in the article, but personally I feel that about 200bhp/ton is right where I want to be in terms of road cars. Any more and you start to get a little bit on the uncontrollable side, any less and you don't always get the speed thrill either. It's a nice compromise.

Thanks guys, all compliments gratefully appreciated :) Shares always welcome too! :D

I didn't mention it in the article, but personally I feel that about 200bhp/ton is right where I want to be in terms of road cars. Any more and you start to get a little bit on the uncontrollable side, any less and you don't always get the speed thrill either. It's a nice compromise.

Any cars that break your 200bhp/ton 'rule'? That are controllable yet fun on b roads and track but also have neck breaking speed. Without breaking the bank.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Any cars that break your 200bhp/ton 'rule'? That are controllable yet fun on b roads and track but also have neck breaking speed. Without breaking the bank.

Good question! I'm not sure, if I'm honest. I mean, my old 911 came close but even then on some roads it just felt silly quick (PDK didn't help), and they're still quite pricey for a good 997.2 car. A 458 is delightful but not exactly cheap, and I've driven FI Zeds that come quite close but again at points they just feel a bit much.

I guess the closest I've come would be an R300. Never driven on the roads in one sadly, only on the track, but for me that never felt crazy like other stuff has in the same situation. What you really want is something light with a nice linear throttle and a low top speed, so you can spend all your time chasing the red line and changing gears which, ultimately, is the real fun part of driving. :)

• Like 1

Nice writing. There's not enough good writing about cars around. Nor telly.

I've driven an MX5 for half a dozen years or so as a track car. We turboed it up to about 250bhp and it is effing fabulous. Proper Porsche worrier. But I keep looking back nostalgically at a pre turbo video on Youtube where I was trying to catch a Civic R. My best memories on a track by far. Keeping the momentum was so important. Gear changes, braking points - every beat had to be nailed.

(I was going to develop that in to a musical/motoring narritave just there but couldn't manage it - tricky stuff this scribbling)

• Like 2

Great read and very well written Ekona, having spent a long time in publishing in my previous years, I like well written "blogs", simply explained. Written from an enthusiasts point and very nicely put over. Nice one :thumbs: . I was JAE this year also, after reading these blogs I'm now pi**ed at never having bumped into you.

Edited by Irn Bru
  • Like 1