Rear bumper Led indicator/fog/ reversing light by carlab

Tuck

Having weighed up the costs, I think I'm gonna pass on this. Leaning more towards getting a steering wheel re-trim instead!

Figured I've got plenty of mods which others can see from the outside, but none that I can enjoy myself. At least a nice, new re-trimmed wheel is something I'll be able to enjoy everytime I get into the car :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Having weighed up the costs, I think I'm gonna pass on this. Leaning more towards getting a steering wheel re-trim instead!

Figured I've got plenty of mods which others can see from the outside, but none that I can enjoy myself. At least a nice, new re-trimmed wheel is something I'll be able to enjoy everytime I get into the car :)

Where are you getting a steering wheel re-trim done?

Sent from my potato using duct tape

Not getting that done now either as I've just spent out cash on new wheels!

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86570-chirag1988s-build-thread-i-needed-new-tyres-sopage-11/page__st__200

On another note - I believe steering wheel re-trims are done by Jack at Royal Wheels? http://royalsteeringwheels.com/

Edited by chirag1988

Not getting that done now either as I've just spent out cash on new wheels!

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86570-chirag1988s-build-thread-i-needed-new-tyres-sopage-11/page__st__200

On another note - I believe steering wheel re-trims are done by Jack at Royal Wheels? http://royalsteeringwheels.com/

They are looking good ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

I tried contacting jack a few times but it just rang through, I'll send them a message, cheers bud!

• 2 weeks later...

My lights came last week by the way lads, no duty or tax to pay! So £103 posted to your door, wiring them up as soon as I've sobered up from the festive period 🻠I'll make a guide for fitting as well as a video of the finished product

• Like 3

My lights came last week by the way lads, no duty or tax to pay! So £103 posted to your door, wiring them up as soon as I've sobered up from the festive period 🍻 I'll make a guide for fitting as well as a video of the finished product

Mine came as well on Wed - no duty or tax either. Thanks for sorting Tuck! :thumbs:

A guide would be much appreciated as I didn't see any instructions provided. :)

My lights came last week by the way lads, no duty or tax to pay! So £103 posted to your door, wiring them up as soon as I've sobered up from the festive period 🍻 I'll make a guide for fitting as well as a video of the finished product

Mine came as well on Wed - no duty or tax either. Thanks for sorting Tuck! :thumbs:

A guide would be much appreciated as I didn't see any instructions provided. :)

I'll get a guide sorted out tonight as I took plenty pictures. Trying to get a few more orders as if there's enough interest they'll make more products, etc! And the quality wasn't bad at all, I was surprised at how well built they were for £100 odd ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Like 1

For anyone wondering, before / after pics:

20151231_122804_zpsunad2qjm.gif

And video of them working:

It doesn't appear to have fog lights, so looks like you'll have to sort that separately as long as I understand the below correctly?

This inspection applies to the one rear fog lamp which is required to be fitted to the centre or offside of vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980.

Note: A rear fog lamp is permitted to operate independently of headlamp, position lamp or ignition systems.

Personally, that's something I'm more than willing to sort as these do look great! :D Thanks Tuck again for sorting :thumbs:

*EDIT* As per Apex's suggestion in post #49, a way of sorting the fog light "issue" is to tap the blue brake wire into the fog lights instead. Makes a lot of sense! :)

Edited by Hodaka
  • Like 2

This group buy finished or any chance of another smoked set ?

It's on for a fair while pal, just email carlab and they'll sort you out!

Hi ya buddy,

thankyou..

I did indeed e mail them and they gave me the same deal as part of the group buy :-)

For anyone wondering, before / after pics:

20151231_122804_zpsunad2qjm.gif

And video of them working:

It doesn't appear to have fog lights, so looks like you'll have to sort that separately as long as I understand the below correctly?

This inspection applies to the one rear fog lamp which is required to be fitted to the centre or offside of vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980.

Note: A rear fog lamp is permitted to operate independently of headlamp, position lamp or ignition systems.

Personally, that's something I'm more than willing to sort as these do look great! :D Thanks Tuck again for sorting :thumbs:

Cheers pal, Been meaning to get a video up!

This group buy finished or any chance of another smoked set ?

It's on for a fair while pal, just email carlab and they'll sort you out!

Hi ya buddy,

thankyou..

I did indeed e mail them and they gave me the same deal as part of the group buy :-)

Great pal, they are do look really good in person. I was worried they'd look very halfords but they actually look very OEM+ with led running/braking rear lights. Post a picture once they are fitted! Give me a PM if you need any help installing them.

Clark Motorsport have the original brake/running lights with LEDs in stock just now.

Edited by Tuck

Good looking units and I'm very tempted. B)

Confused about one thing though, why are you looking at adding a separate fog light? The "brake light" function on the new lamp could have been used as a fog lamp replacement, instead of taping that wire into the brake lights it could have been connected to the fog light plug giving twin rear fog lights.

Just a thought but that's the way I would look at installing them.

• Like 3

The "brake light" function on the new lamp could have been used as a fog lamp replacement, instead of taping that wire into the brake lights it could have been connected to the fog light plug giving twin rear fog lights.

That.... is a very good point! I feel stupid for not thinking of that! :lol:

Just noticed an issue with my offside light today, where it looks like there's water getting into the housing. Thought it was a crack initially, but I had taken some pics of it an hour apart (at bottom of this post) and I noticed it's moved upwards, so I'm pretty sure it's water (it's been raining all day). The line runs all the way across the width of the light. Hopefully you can make it out in the pics.

I'll contact Car Lab and see what they say - will update you guys once I hear from them. I really do love the look of the lights, so hopefully this will be resolved without any issues. Fingers crossed! :cry:

10:15pm before leaving my parents house

20160101_221601_zpsegocftdm.jpg

11:15pm after I arrived home

20160101_231513_zps0irzsnhj.jpg

Edited by Hodaka