HFCs too loud - other options?

James Junior

Thanks for all your responses guys, much appreciated!

Jet Pilot - as it happens my car is going into Demon Tweeks next week for the KW V3s to be fitted, so I have bought some exhaust wrap from them and have asked them to whip the HFCs off and wrap them whilst the car is up on the ramp. I will report back on the outcome! Thanks for the suggestion.

If that still doesn't do the trick then Josh I will try your suggestion with the Motordyne ART pipes. My MOT testers are definitely a friendly bunch so I am sure we can come to some arrangement, or at least keep my old cats in their store room for when the time comes... :teeth:

I will keep you all updated, thanks again for all the feedback chaps.

How did it go bud? Did you get the exhaust wrap on? What's the verdict? I'm thinking of doing this now if it helps with the rasp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys sorry for being a bad thread-starter by opening up the debate and then not returning! It's been a busy few weeks...

So basically I was dissuaded from fitting the exhaust wrap by the guys at a Demon Tweeks who said they had wrapped quite a few HFCs and never known it make them quieter. They only stood to gain from selling it to me and fitting it, so I respected their candour.

No disrespect intended to the person who kindly suggested this as it sounds like it worked for you.

So basically after some research and a testimonial from Josh I've decided to go down the route of fitting Motordyne ART pipes. If I can find some that is. Does anyone know of a UK supplier?

• Like 1

T

You just need a larger silencer really. So either get one fitted into the Cobra or get an Invidia which is noticeably quieter.

Thread resurrection time!

I've got the Motordyne Art pipes and the Ark Grip system. Perfect sound as in tone: rumble at low end and screaming howl when you wind the wick up. My only problem is as a daily it's just a touch loud. (It's really loud).

Thinking about getting an extra silencer or some other strategy to reduce the volume without cocking up the whole gorgeous tone of the system.

T
You just need a larger silencer really. So either get one fitted into the Cobra or get an Invidia which is noticeably quieter.

I've got the Motordyne Art pipes and the Ark Grip system. Perfect sound as in tone: rumble at low end and screaming howl when you wind the wick up. My only problem is as a daily it's just a touch loud. (It's really loud).

Thinking about getting an extra silencer or some other strategy to reduce the volume without cocking up the whole gorgeous tone of the system.

Getting Jez to fit a silencer in mine whilst he's fitting the SC, as I don't want to be too loud at the track

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

T

Getting Jez to fit a silencer in mine whilst he's fitting the SC, as I don't want to be too loud at the track

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My invida with de cat is a riot

But think it may let me down on db limits

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No thread hijack intended, but I'm about to replace a 2009 370z oem exhaust with a 2015 Nismo exhaust, I'm after a bit of performance with as near stock noise as pos. Yeah, weird eh?

I'm considering getting HFCs done at same time, so which brand will closest match my requirement?

Cheers

Berks are the ones people usually get but you do get some rasp off them too. I've heard great things about the motordyne ones. They have an extra resonator in them to remove any rasp. Or just get some silenced decats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk