Black mercedes SLK Coupe L*63, unmarked police car

Kraziekatz1

My friend's husband had a Road Angel speed camera detector and still got caught by a mobile gun, apparently the police are wise to these and now stand at an angle such that detection systems don't recognise them (don't know the specifics). I can't afford to get caught again for the forseeable future so opt for the 'driving within speed limits' option now.....

Been caught speeding twice by unmarked cars both times held my hands up, took the fines and the points.

These are the only two offences I've ever had, didn't occur to me to find an excuse as to why I was exceeding the limit as after all I had. Both times by about 20% (60 + 70 limits respectively) should e known better and took it on the chin.

No issue with unmarked cars as I've seen them pull people who were being reckless not long after I've said to myself if only there was a police car around. I'm sure most of us say this sort of thing daily.

However I was once on my way home from a Sunday lunch (ironically I'd been spotted on this forum on that day) for those locals I came to the A55/M53 roundabout from Mickle Trafford with the aim of going left and joining the A55 towards north wales but at the junction was a Monroe in my lane and another car in the other lane. The mondeo driver seemed to be asking directions so after a minute of so of clear traffic where I could've joined the roundabout I beeped my horn and gave a universal hand gesture for get a move on (or similar)..... With that the mondeos lights light up a lovely blue and red colour, moved over and let me go, I assume he was actually "having words" with the other driver...... My OH was nearly wetting herself laughing and I was a little red :lol:

• Like 2